• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TonyTwinz

Nov 18, 2012
    MoCo
    The LCR in .357 is tough to beat. Good factory trigger, easy sight replacement and light weight with .38+p being the preferred loading. However, if I was doing it over I would go LCR in 9mm. Moonclips get the first 5 out for sure and the next 5 in quite rapidly. Carrying those next 5 is the trick. For me it’s the ballistics of 9mm that are still retained even with the shorter barrel. Not nearly the loss of performance vs it’s rimmed cartridge counterparts. Then there is the LCR in .32 Federal Mag to consider. 6 shots and those little screamers can get it done with mag velocity and manageable recoil. Lots to consider but the choices for ccw revolvers has never been better.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    Quality? Smith & Wesson Model 60. Handles .38 Special +P ammo with ease. Been on the market forever, so there are plenty of holsters, speed loaders, and other accessories....

And the Model 638 is essentially the same gun with a shrouded hammer.

Last edited:

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    I'very always carried the S&W model 10 heavy barrel. It is dependable and very easy to carry. Once you get to know how it is sighted in, it's a breeze. Now I carry the Glock 19 which has never failed either.The other plus with the model 10, it's a breeze to clean. Hope this helps.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Mine came with a night sight. This was a great example why I love having a tight relationship with an LGS. He mostly stocks X models and/or 3 inch barrels because, since most MDers can't carry, they sell better than carry models. I guess that sounds reasonable, but I really wanted hammerless. I asked to order one and, after checking a few distributors said, "I can save you 10" (or it might have been 20) "bucks if you don't mind a green grip." I didn't care...and also didn't notice until I had it home for a while that this particular "distributor exclusive" with the green grips also included a night sight...for less than the price of a standard one. :party29: My luck almost never goes that way.:innocent0

lcrnsight1.jpeg

lcrnsight2.jpeg

There is clearly no place for my pinky on the grip, but the balance is such that it doesn't need to be. Unlike many small guns, I don't feel like it is squirting up out of my hand (like a wet bar of soap), and the rubber grip doesn't batter my pinky down there like a single action might.

lcrgrip.jpeg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    LCR 9mm = end of thread.
    moon clips for fast loading and ejection, cheap caliber with a good selection and power.

LCR-9mm-1.jpg

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    LCR 9mm = end of thread.
    moon clips for fast loading and ejection, cheap caliber with a good selection and power.

How do you carry moon clips? My S&W 442 is cut for them but, I mainly use it for a convenient admin load

Attachments

• 585E9AF4-0982-4F4E-B86A-DF70E1990F93.jpeg
      585E9AF4-0982-4F4E-B86A-DF70E1990F93.jpeg
      69.3 KB · Views: 147

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Those look nice. Post a pic when you get em on if you don't mind. Also interested to see if it makes it any more less concealable. I'm just concerned about the sight getting snagged on the draw.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why the sight is even important on these SD pocket pistols.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Smith & Wesson J Frames are great. Model 442 Airweight in .38 Special has a lightweight aluminum frame. There are many models available with various options and other calibers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    I've always had a fondness for wheel guns. I have a couple carry semi-autos and I'm thinking about picking up a carry revolver

I've been out of the gun shopping game for a while now so I'm curious to hear recommendations on good carry revolvers.

Looking for compact in size, light weight, concealed or shrouded hammer. Probably 38 but would consider other calibers as well. I just want to avoid 22 or other rounds in that size range. Has to be Maryland approved.

Is the LCR still the way to go or have others entered the market to compete. I'm not really concerned on cost, just want a good quality carry revolver.

Looking forward to your suggestions! :thumbsup:
    I like my Ruger LCR in .357 mag. Very comfortable with my belly band holster. 5 rounds of .357 should be enough but, if needed, I managed to squeeze an extra 15 rounds in each of the belly band's two pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom