So what "final purchases" are you making?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Not to take this off-topic but if you get a Utah CCW, you have to get fingerprinted. Now, I am not fond of getting fingerprinted after 10/1 to buy a handgun, but would it really matter since I was already fingerprinted due to taking the Utah course?

IMO, seeking a carry permit is a slightly different animal, and some level of additional scrutiny of the applicant is a state's prerogative. It should also be a shall-issue situation, rather than the "may-issue" that we have here... but that's another discussion.

Simply purchasing a firearm, however, falls under the most basic precepts of 2A, and requiring fingerprinting and a background check (beyond the basic NICS check for disqualifying factors) is a high-order infringement of the Right.

poppop02

Nov 14, 2012
    Severn
    Being left handed i just purchased a LH Tavor TSB16L since they will be banned as of Oct 1 and have another AR lower so I can build my left handed AR.

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    I’m definitely concentrating on the rifles that will be banned, so I’m in the process of picking up 2 more ar lowers and another MAK 90 is in route to my FFL. I already purchased a R1 enhanced 1911, it only took me 60+ back in February. No more hand guns for me while I live in this state.

BBQMAN

Jul 3, 2013
    Freeland
    So, don't bother trying to buy anything from center fire systems. They're not shipping any semi-auto rifles to Md anymore per new company policy. Just got a call from them informing me of canceling my order. I tried to get a Molot Vepr in 7.62x54R. Ughhh to gunbroker I guess, anyone know of these things elsewhere?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    So, don't bother trying to buy anything from center fire systems. They're not shipping any semi-auto rifles to Md anymore per new company policy. Just got a call from them informing me of canceling my order. I tried to get a Molot Vepr in 7.62x54R. Ughhh to gunbroker I guess, anyone know of these things elsewhere?

Wow, what dumb asses. It's not even like the mags for the vepr are over 10 rounds for the biggest one.

rogue780

Jan 16, 2011
    Dundalk
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence...The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve a place with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes; we need them every hour."

-- George Washington

Heads up, your quote is not actually by George Washington

http://saf.org/pub/rkba/general/BogusFounderQuotes.htm

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    I purchased an AK74 from Engage. No regrets exactly, but the October cut off forced my hand. I wanted an AR this time around.

But at least I got one of those off the streets :-P

Gundahar

agstevens05

Jan 24, 2013
    I am buying an AR lower. Just got my glock. Wish i had money for one more but i bought my fiance a glock too.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Well I picked up my "final purchase" today from Fred's Firearms in Chestertown, MD. Fred releases on the 8th day for anyone looking to purchase on the upper shore. Anyway I really wanted one more "old school" revolver and didn't want to spend a fortune. Wound up going with a Rossi 851 .38spl with a 4" ribbed barrel in traditional blue color. I think I am all set on regulated firearms in the great state of Maryland so they can shove their firearms license and associated fingerprints/fee you know where. I haven't shot it yet obviously but it feels great in the hand, has a nice weight to it (not too heavy, but feels substantial) and I really like the stock rubberized grip. So far so good. I'll report further after taking her out for a spin. :party29:

6k99.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom