• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    The replies/comments, not sure what they are called on Twatter, are gold.
    619d2092419084f000258a39307ec005.jpg

I love the dad's demand appetizers point! I am not on Twitter so thanks for posting this.

Techputz

MDS Supporter
    Mar 31, 2019
    Owings Mills, MD
    Response from one of my delegates

I sent an email off to two of my delegates, and my senator that signed off on it. This a POWER PLAY plain and simple. I plan to be in their email, until they stop the BS.

"Thank you very much for your email. It is always valuable to hear from constituents. It is also just as important for us to hear from constituents who disagree with us, as it is for us to hear from those who approve of the actions that Delegate Belcastro takes. When it comes to the subject you are concerned about, there are at least two ways of thinking. You are right that it is important for individuals to have the capability to defend themselves and their families. However, while there are those who might find it troublesome that Delegate Belcastro and her colleagues have urged Governor Hogan to reconsider allowing gun shops to remain open, there are others who find it just as troublesome when we hear that individuals are buying firearms and weapons in excessive amounts. It is also troublesome to know that Baltimore County police officers are being directed to position themselves outside of gun shops to enforce Governor Hogan’s order of no more than ten people being in a room at a time, rather than have the time to ensure they are protected from the virus themselves, and assist in other efforts that aim to limit the spread of the virus and help support relief efforts to our communities. In my personal experience, most gun owners that I know are responsible in that they maintain a reasonable supply of ammunition in their gun safe, with the knowledge that sometimes various events might require increased security measures, eliminating the need to go out to a gun shop at inopportune and uncertain times. Unfortunately, we won’t agree on everything, however Delegate Belcastro and I hope that you will feel free to reach out to us going forward on other issues that are important to you, your family, and your community.

Sincerely,

Tyler Hagen
    Chief of Staff
    Office of Delegate Belcastro
    District 11"

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Sounds like the the delegate is straddling the line. "Excessive ammo" and "adequate supply."

The delegate: The two are not mutually exclusive.

The realist in me knows the delegate is just trying to soft-talk her real attitude.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sounds like the the delegate is straddling the line. "Excessive ammo" and "adequate supply."

The delegate: The two are not mutually exclusive.

The realist in me knows the delegate is just trying to soft-talk her real attitude.

There are big problems with their talking points.

1. Nobody is "stockpiling" guns when the prices are markedly higher than they are in normal times.
    2. Nobody is "stockpiling" ammo when prices are markedly higher than they are in normal times. We have plenty.
    3. Self-defense is a civil right. The courts have ruled in favor of this during disasters (Katrina)
    4. We know they are anti-liberty and nothing can convince most of us otherwise.
    5. "Excessive ammo" means nothing. It is intended to cause fear. What can one do with "excessive ammo"?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    She's just upset because all her 'hypocrat' friends are now buying guns and she's jealous. She's becoming Merryland's #1 gun salesperson! Congrats!

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Every time I read “troublesome” I hear “feelings hurt” and that’s one thing the left is always pushing, feelings over facts

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It is also troublesome to know that Baltimore County police officers are being directed to position themselves outside of gun shops to enforce Governor Hogan’s order of no more than ten people being in a room at a time, rather than have the time to ensure they are protected from the virus themselves, and assist in other efforts that aim to limit the spread of the virus and help support relief efforts to our communities.

Someone needs to remind her that most if not all police officers doing this, are doing so, on their time, as an exra duty and being paid for it, not by the county, but by the FFL themselves. Thus not taking any officers away from any critical duties.

Further she states "and assist in other efforts that aim to limit the spread of the virus" - Ummm, isn't that what they are doing (on their own time) by limiting the number of people into the shop??

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    She's just upset because all her 'hypocrat' friends are now buying guns and she's jealous. She's becoming Merryland's #1 gun salesperson! Congrats!

I wish I had some extra money I didn't need. I'd order her a plaque that says "Maryland's 2020 Gun Salesperson Of The Year" and mail it to her office.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    "Thank you very much for your email. It is always valuable to hear from constituents. It is also just as important for us to hear from constituents who disagree with us, as it is for us to hear from those who approve of the actions that Delegate Belcastro takes. When it comes to the subject you are concerned about, there are at least two ways of thinking. You are right that it is important for individuals to have the capability to defend themselves and their families. However, while there are those who might find it troublesome that Delegate Belcastro and her colleagues have urged Governor Hogan to reconsider allowing gun shops to remain open, there are others who find it just as troublesome when we hear that individuals are buying firearms and weapons in excessive amounts.

Right, they can't get a firearm and they are complaining that everyone else has one. Like toilet paper you dolt.

It is also troublesome to know that Baltimore County police officers are being directed to position themselves outside of gun shops to enforce Governor Hogan’s order of no more than ten people being in a room at a time, rather than have the time to ensure they are protected from the virus themselves, and assist in other efforts that aim to limit the spread of the virus and help support relief efforts to our communities.

So you're saying that there's a law on the books and it's being enforced, but you still say there's a problem and the problem is not people but guns. Why does this sound familiar?

In my personal experience, most gun owners that I know are responsible in that they maintain a reasonable supply of ammunition in their gun safe, with the knowledge that sometimes various events might require increased security measures, eliminating the need to go out to a gun shop at inopportune and uncertain times.

So, you're saying there is a need for firearms and ammunition when there are "various events might require increased security measures" but only for those who are prepared and the rest of your constituents can die.

Unfortunately, we won’t agree on everything, however Delegate Belcastro and I hope that you will feel free to reach out to us going forward on other issues that are important to you, your family, and your community.

If you are still alive that is after failing to obtain the means to obtain "increased security measures" because we deprived you of that.

Sincerely,

And the horse you rode in on.

Tyler Hagen
    Chief of Staff
    Office of Delegate Belcastro
    District 11"

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I find it troublesome when they pass laws while denying the people’s right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances!

I can think of no greater issue ripe for court intervention.

Think it’ll ever happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom