• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For AK's situation , it can be handled easily. You and coworker go to FFL ( presumably Va ) . You had rifle to FFL , he writes it into his bound book while friend fills out 4473 . NICS check , and you're out the door minutes later.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    For AK's situation , it can be handled easily. You and coworker go to FFL ( presumably Va ) . You had rifle to FFL , he writes it into his bound book while friend fills out 4473 . NICS check , and you're out the door minutes later.

I'm trying to avoid traveling to VA. Was hoping I could loan the gun to him, he could take it to his FFL in VA, and they could handle all the paperwork. He's checking into it now

For the VA coworker with the daughter in MD (same coworker by the way) I did suggest he just loan it to her and keep everything in his name but he seems insistent on "doing it the right way" so I think he will just get a Harford County FFL to do the transfer the next time he goes up that way to see her

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I'm trying to avoid traveling to VA. Was hoping I could loan the gun to him, he could take it to his FFL in VA, and they could handle all the paperwork. He's checking into it now

For the VA coworker with the daughter in MD (same coworker by the way) I did suggest he just loan it to her and keep everything in his name but he seems insistent on "doing it the right way" so I think he will just get a Harford County FFL to do the transfer the next time he goes up that way to see her

Since you're asking how to do it legally- ill avoid the typical comments on the site. I encourage you to make the drive to a VA FFL and meet the other party there. Find a second reason to go- Udvar Hazy is pretty awesome if you're a airplane/flight person, so is the NRA range and museum, hell a afternoon sitting at gravelly point at the end of DCA if the weather is nice is pretty awesome as well (can you tell I like airplanes?). That trip might save both parties hassles from [insert three letter agency here]. However I guess you could ship it to the FFL- insured, tracking, etc that's how most private sellers send their firearms on GB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom