• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Can someone provide me with the process by which one requests to be come an Industry Partner? Who to contact, etc.? thanks..snakep

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Contact DD214, and be patient. Obtaining IP status isn't an overnight deal. :)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The I.P. stuff is normally handled once a year from what I have observed, bUT so.etimes DD214 does some neW I.P.s in between noral reneWal time.. DD214 is a very busy man, and he alone holds the keys to the I.P. status.

As others have said, send him a message and be patient. The time table is not personal, so remember that it may take a while.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The I.P. stuff is normally handled once a year from what I have observed, bUT so.etimes DD214 does some neW I.P.s in between noral reneWal time.. DD214 is a very busy man, and he alone holds the keys to the I.P. status.

As others have said, send him a message and be patient. The time table is not personal, so remember that it may take a while.

And when that doesn't work just sue the website.

It's not an Uncommon occurrence here.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Aw, from the title I was expecting to have to search for a "Not This Sh|t Again" image.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    They don't seem to want to take money from IPs but they sure will ask the users for donations to keep the board going. Maybe if they followed up and added more paying IPs they wouldn't need to ask for donations. But hey,that's silly talk.

Excuse me but this site ran years without the owner asking for or accepting a nickel.

It's his decision if he wants to let anyone become anything on here and when.

You should be thankful if you live in Maryland that there is even a site like this because God only knows what liberal crap would have become law without it.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    Excuse me but this site ran years without the owner asking for or accepting a nickel.

It's his decision if he wants to let anyone become anything on here and when.

You should be thankful if you live in Maryland that there is even a site like this because God only knows what liberal crap would have become law without it.
    OK,so whats your point? They asked for donations because they needed money. Gun dealers are/were trying to pay money. Don't tell me you're too busy to take a dealer who is offering money but in the next breath ask me to donate to upgrade the board. Living in Maryland shouldn't every attempt be made to promote gun shops in state?

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    OK,so whats your point?

Gee, maybe my point is it's a private enterprise the owner can do whatever he wants.

They asked for donations because they needed money.

Need here being a relative thing. Your host here could have chosen a.) not to expand the capacity (which was why donations were requested in the first place) b.) gone to a subscription service c.) chucked it all because believe me it's an f'ing headache some times to run a site like this.

Gun dealers are/were trying to pay money.

Yeah some so much so they they file bogus law suits against the owner.

Don't tell me you're too busy to take a dealer who is offering money
    but in the next breath ask me to donate to upgrade the board.

Feel free not to donate if you don't want to and just ignore all the appeals.

Living in Maryland shouldn't every attempt be made to promote gun shops in state?

Feel free to promote whatever gunshops you wish as often as you want. I've never seen anyone's post deleted for promoting a gunshop, good or bad and yeah, their are some people, not necessarily gunshops but potential IP's who's money I wouldn't take.

Promoting for profit and allowing people to sell for profit though is a different animal.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Wow , I must have momentarily lacked perception. When first reading #8 , I took it at face value, until the following posts to make the intended snark clear.

Back when the internet still had training wheels , MDS was started to ( do what it does ) , with the owner providing the expenses and his efforts , because he thinks this is a good thing , and ought to be done. Advertising venues and commercial promotions were not invisioned, are a minor sideshow .

Is there demand for a website to primarily promote firearm and related retailers ? Or for that matter a "guntraded" type board ? Could be. If so , here's an opportunity for an entreprenour to start a profit driven Site.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    Gee, maybe my point is it's a private enterprise the owner can do whatever he wants. yep,he sure can and he can pay for it himself then.

Need here being a relative thing. Your host here could have chosen a.) not to expand the capacity (which was why donations were requested in the first place) b.) gone to a subscription service c.) chucked it all because believe me it's an f'ing headache some times to run a site like this.OK,the relative term was " we need donations" . Is that clear enough or should he of asked for dinero?

Yeah some so much so they they file bogus law suits against the owner. agreed douche move

Feel free not to donate if you don't want to and just ignore all the appeals.

Feel free to promote whatever gunshops you wish as often as you want. I've never seen anyone's post deleted for promoting a gunshop, good or bad and yeah, their are some people, not necessarily gunshops but potential IP's who's money I wouldn't take.

Promoting for profit and allowing people to sell for profit though is a different animal.
    So you're saying every IP is a pleasure to deal with then? I've dealt with a bunch of the IPs and MOST are decent guys and no need to mention the bad ones because its not about them. I personally think as a Marland board and the seemingly unanimous hatred of Md. Gun laws that trying to get as many guns into legal owners hands would be the goal. Again this board is great overall but it seems they're chasing their tail and alot of the fanboys see it as normal with no reason to question it.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    So you're saying every IP is a pleasure to deal with then?

I don't know. I haven't dealt with all of them.

I've dealt with a bunch of the IPs and MOST are decent guys and no need to mention the bad ones because its not about them. I personally think as a Marland board and the seemingly unanimous hatred of Md. Gun laws that trying to get as many guns into legal owners hands would be the goal.

Gee, this logic seems remarkably similar to the guy that tried to sue. He claimed all these wonderful discounts were awaiting MDS members and then tried to get thousands from the site owner.

One might even say it is Uncommon logic.

Yes, thousands are going to bed unarmed because a handful of firearms dealers have to wait a few months to become an IP and the site asks for donations. Yes, how could they find Maryland firearms dealers that aren't IPs? How?

Again this board is great overall but it seems they're chasing their tail and alot of the fanboys see it as normal with no reason to question it.

Yeah, count me as a fanboy, I actually [shudder] asked if they wanted money before if was asked for. I actually think things are great.

Well, with one exception. Occasionally a disgruntled wannbe IP shows up and his shills with him. If that could be cut down upon, that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom