• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvillanueva

Feb 13, 2012
    Waldorf
    Any recommendations near the National Harbor? I just called a gun shop and they wanted $70 (transfer), $30 (lock), and $10 (MD form). Is this the normal rate?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    All Pawn is also good to deal with, but not an IP. Similar prices as Keepshooting.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    The MDSP fee is unavoidable and some places will make you buy an approved lock, whether you have one or not. The padlock and cable are not approved in MD.

There is a lock exchange thread here somewhere. If you find the original thread, start reading at the end, because the link in the 1st post is no good. $60-70 is pretty standard around the big cities.

If you need a fired case and there is none, that is often another charge, if your FFL has the proper license (Class 7). Best sort out all these details before you have the gun shipped.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The MDSP fee is unavoidable and some places will make you buy an approved lock, whether you have one or not. The padlock and cable are not approved in MD.

There is a lock exchange thread here somewhere. If you find the original thread, start reading at the end, because the link in the 1st post is no good. $60-70 is pretty standard around the big cities.

If you need a fired case and there is none, that is often another charge, if your FFL has the proper license (Class 7). Best sort out all these details before you have the gun shipped.

Thankfully that BS will be over very soon

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Any recommendations near the National Harbor? I just called a gun shop and they wanted $70 (transfer), $30 (lock), and $10 (MD form). Is this the normal rate?

I'm sure there are closer ones but I have been using A1Uniform. They are up 295, fet off on Kenilworth and about 3 mins from there. Check them out. It's about 20 mins total from the harbor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom