• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Spent the weekend working the Richmond gun show. Throughout the 2 days, I spoke with a number of dealers and kept hearing about the things going missing from their tables. Powder, ammo, a bolt carrier, a range bag....damn brazen shoplifters.

I'm waiting for the day that a "flash rob" hits a gun show. All hell's gonna break loose.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I'll do you one better!

You be surprised how much stuff "walks away" at locksmith tradeshows. It's not rampant. But it does happen.

Makes me wanna puke!

If you can't trust a lockmith....
    :(

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    I'll do you one better!

You be surprised how much stuff "walks away" at locksmith tradeshows. It's not rampant. But it does happen.

Makes me wanna puke!

Wow. Guess it happens all over. Damn dirty rotten thieves! I cannot stand when someone works hard to make something of themselves and some thieving bastard steals from them.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    At the Chantilly show, I noticed a few larger tables where the 1 person working the table would stand and chat with somebody for 10 minutes and not even glance back at the table. Some didn't seem to notice the handful of potential customers waiting patiently for service. They would stand with their backs to most of the table and continue chatting. These were tables that didn't have nets thrown over them. It would be easy for somebody to walk by and grab something.

I obviously don't condone stealing, but in that kind of setting, sellers need to be more aware of their goods and surroundings. Not saying that was what happened in Richmond.

bigboybrad1974

bigboybrad1974
    Sep 14, 2008
    edgewater
    On sunday at the last cantilly show they came across the loud speacer that someone had just stole a ar-15 from a vender. Dont know what ever hapened with that?

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I noticed on Saturday at the Chantilly Show, the guy that used to run Valley Gun and now just sells NCStar stuff at gun shows, just walked away from his table completely. I was standing there thinking how easy it would be to just walk away with anything on the table; but then I thought....it's NCStar

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville

I'll top that,,, why do COPS have to put locks on their lockers? :innocent0 Just wondering:lol2:

Then there was the guy t that was caught, (why did I call the dog back dammit) opening the back door to my house,, that had a rap sheet that was 5-6feet long,, that worked for a home improvement contractor,, this ass was in peoples homes all the time.

Tom

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    At the Chantilly show last weekend I overheard one the dealers speaking with two VA State Troopers and telling them a laser had been stolen from their table while they were setting up on Thursday night.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    ...or Locks on the doors of the Church?

Sadly, my niece had her laptop and small wallet with $80.00 in it stolen out of her car while it was sitting in the Church Parking lot on a Sunday morning. I hope that there is a special place in Hell just for people that would steal on holy grounds.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Back on topic: In addition to an AR, I also heard that a shotgun walked at the Chantilly show. Gee, maybe the BATFE was there... :lol2:

I think we all need to keep our eye open at the gun show and sing out when we see something wrong. If this activity keeps up, it can discourage a good dealer from attending.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    ...or Locks on the doors of the Church?

Sadly, my niece had her laptop and small wallet with $80.00 in it stolen out of her car while it was sitting in the Church Parking lot on a Sunday morning. I hope that there is a special place in Hell just for people that would steal on holy grounds.

At a church I attended (Pres. of Church Council, in fact) many years ago, some kids(?) broke in through a basement window, came upstairs, stole a "piggy-bank" from the Sunday school room, then pried open the doors to the sanctuary, and stole an open bottle of communion wine. (Manischewitz)

Total "take" = Less ten bucks.

They destroyed a $3,000+ set of oak doors in the process.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    "Flash Mob at a gun show" :gun3::gun3::gun3::gun7::gun7::gun7::irule:

I'd stand in the rain for hours just to buy a ticket to that show.

I want to be nowhere near the place if that happens.

Possible? Absolutely. Having done these shows quite a bit, I know how many officers, both uniformed and undercover are working. I know how many doors are left wide open, and I'M SURE that there are dealers carrying loaded guns when no guns are supposed to be loaded. If 30 skels attack a table and have a free for all, I envision a very, very bad scene.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    At a church I attended (Pres. of Church Council, in fact) many years ago, some kids(?) broke in through a basement window, came upstairs, stole a "piggy-bank" from the Sunday school room, then pried open the doors to the sanctuary, and stole an open bottle of communion wine. (Manischewitz)

Total "take" = Less ten bucks.

They destroyed a $3,000+ set of oak doors in the process.

Reminds me of an incident a few years ago. No respect for holy ground:

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?s=11040489&clienttype=printable

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    The other day someone stole a tire of one of the cars in front of my house. A very bold move indeed. Either a pro or someone who was desperate, either way I send them bad juju.

I used to help run a huge yard sale at my church growing up (downtown silver spring). There were certain people who came every year just to steal stuff. It was a duo of old ladies. One would create a distraction while the other filled her bag with junk. They would do this at every table. Being a church we were told to do our best to prevent it, but never to confront them... Sad really.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    At the Chantilly show, I noticed a few larger tables where the 1 person working the table would stand and chat with somebody for 10 minutes and not even glance back at the table. Some didn't seem to notice the handful of potential customers waiting patiently for service. They would stand with their backs to most of the table and continue chatting. These were tables that didn't have nets thrown over them. It would be easy for somebody to walk by and grab something.

I obviously don't condone stealing, but in that kind of setting, sellers need to be more aware of their goods and surroundings. Not saying that was what happened in Richmond.

I noticed the same thing at the Chantilly show! I wouldn't be surprised if you could have snagged a few firearms from some of the tables :sad20:

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Last year someone(s) broke into our church and stole the petty cash for AWANAs (Coed Christian version of scouts) a couple computers and vandalized the sanctuary. The saddest part about it, is they're pretty sure it was an inside job.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    If it's not nailed down with a camera pointing at it and an armed guard pacing nearby, it's gonna get stolen. I live out in bum-fvck egypt and someone finally saw fit to break into my shed this summer in order to make off with a couple heavy-duty outdoor extension cords, leaving the mower, trimmer and boxes of old clothes behind. I guess the tweakers needed more copper wire to hock so they can buy more cold medicine to trade for meth...and I hope they die from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom