• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    Does anyone know of a gun shop in PA that someone could drive to from central Maryland and get a standard cap mag for the TP9SFX ? I have two that came with the firearm but need a couple more.

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    Your best bet would just to be order one online and have it shipped to a UPS store or confidant close to the border. That or hit up the gun show in Chantilly this month.

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    Your best bet would just to be order one online and have it shipped to a UPS store or confidant close to the border. That or hit up the gun show in Chantilly this month.

I didn't know that you could send things to a UPS store and pick it up there. Is that really a thing ??

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Gun Bunker in New Freedom is the closest. It is just barely across the line.

I'd call first and see if they have or can get one. Might be a special order.

I would not mention you are from Maryland before they give you a price. I have heard standard capacity mags are above market value there because if their proximity to Maryland. (Can neither confirm or deny this personally)

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Gun Bunker in New Freedom is the closest. It is just barely across the line.

I'd call first and see if they have or can get one. Might be a special order.

I would not mention you are from Maryland before they give you a price. I have heard standard capacity mags are above market value there because if their proximity to Maryland. (Can neither confirm or deny this personally)

They definitely sell their mags at above market value. Standard OEM Glock 19 mags were $34 each just last week.

When i asked on the phone they didn't ask about my residence and quoted that price immediately, so perhaps they have begun to assume anyone who calls in is from Maryland.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    They definitely sell their mags at above market value. Standard OEM Glock 19 mags were $34 each just last week.

When i asked on the phone they didn't ask about my residence and quoted that price immediately, so perhaps they have begun to assume anyone who calls in is from Maryland.

That makes sense. The PA residents would just go to Freedom Armory for non Maryland compliant stuff. It's only like 10 minutes from the Gun Bunker

Meanwhile Gun Bunker probably gets 90% of Maryland sales because they are 3 minutes off 83 so why would they care if they lost sales to PA residents looking for common items?

And I am not badmouthing Gun Bunker for doing this by the way. They are taking advantage of Maryland's stupid laws. I cannot find fault in that. Marylanders have multiple other options in PA to go to. If they choose to stay close to the state line, the inflated prices are the cost of doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom