• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    So with the match less than a month away, have you guys made a decision about what to do?

EDIT: Just got the notice it's postponed to 10/3

Last edited:

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    eh, do one as a warm up for the other!

For me typically USPSA majors are a two day deal. I know the level of competition will be higher. So I'd prefer to go Saturday and walk the stages, rest up and shoot on Sunday. I know shooting all day Saturday, then going in less prepared and tired is not the best recipe for me.

I know the matches will see a lot of cross over, with the two matches so close together. I just hope they it doesn't effect staffing.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Between having to de-conflict with other IDPA matches and club events there were not a whole lot of other choices for weekends. I hope most of you can still make it.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    Between having to de-conflict with other IDPA matches and club events there were not a whole lot of other choices for weekends. I hope most of you can still make it.

I'm sure it put you in a tight spot. As more and more matches try to move to the end of the year we're running out of weekends.

I'm wondering if the DE state is still happening. If they have to reschedule I'd bet it'll move to a weekend I can't do just like every other match so far.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    Yeah this season really isn't looking good. Every major IDPA match I planned to shoot has canceled or rescheduled for a weekend I can't do. Same with one uspsa match.

I'm still registered for 4 uspsa majors, next one is July so hopefully it happens.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    NDjamCE.jpg

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Truth, truth, truth. I shot IDPA because the scenario based stages overcame the ridiculous mag limits. (Go ahead and shoot that Glock 19 but you can only stick 8 rounds in a mag, gedafugoutahere) When they changed the scoring on the targets I was done and haven't shot a match since.

Should be called International Target Shooting With Crippled Mags.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I used to shoot IDPA, but eventually got tired of it for a number of reasons:
    1. MDs changing the rules on the fly because they can't actually write decent stages ("you can't shoot from there!" "why not? there's nothing in the stage brief or the rules stopping me" "I'm telling you, you can't shoot it like that!")
    2. Target priority rules that are by turns either completely in the eye of the beholder ("well, if you can see the swinger between the two barrels...") or force you to shoot inefficiently.
    3. Scoring that makes it almost ALWAYS better to go slow and get the D-0 than risk a D-1 or worse. We can have reasonable discussions about USPSA HF making speed maybe a little too important, but there's not even the trade-off in IDPA given how badly D-1s and D-3s hurt. About the only time I risk it is on swingers.
    4. Inane rules about how you can make ready ("don't actually draw and get a sight picture!!!") and do stage walkthroughs ("OH NOES YOU AIRGUNNED!!!"). My last straw was getting dinged on the former while shooting CO - I can do a sight picture check after loading, but I can't draw, sight picture check, and then load? **** you, IDPA.

I don't mind the mag limits per se. I'll hit up a low light IDPA match or some kind of special event, but I've stopped wasting my money on it as a regular thing. Shooting is still better than not shooting it, but given the choice, it's pretty low on my list.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I was an IPSC guy back in the day, back when competitive shooting was limited to either bullseye, bowling pins or that new fangled thing called, IPSC. I was also an IHMSA member for 10+ years.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I used to shoot IDPA, but eventually got tired of it for a number of reasons:
    1. MDs changing the rules on the fly because they can't actually write decent stages ("you can't shoot from there!" "why not? there's nothing in the stage brief or the rules stopping me" "I'm telling you, you can't shoot it like that!")
    2. Target priority rules that are by turns either completely in the eye of the beholder ("well, if you can see the swinger between the two barrels...") or force you to shoot inefficiently.
    3. Scoring that makes it almost ALWAYS better to go slow and get the D-0 than risk a D-1 or worse. We can have reasonable discussions about USPSA HF making speed maybe a little too important, but there's not even the trade-off in IDPA given how badly D-1s and D-3s hurt. About the only time I risk it is on swingers.
    4. Inane rules about how you can make ready ("don't actually draw and get a sight picture!!!") and do stage walkthroughs ("OH NOES YOU AIRGUNNED!!!"). My last straw was getting dinged on the former while shooting CO - I can do a sight picture check after loading, but I can't draw, sight picture check, and then load? **** you, IDPA.

I don't mind the mag limits per se. I'll hit up a low light IDPA match or some kind of special event, but I've stopped wasting my money on it as a regular thing. Shooting is still better than not shooting it, but given the choice, it's pretty low on my list.

I swear you raised your hand and said you would attend AGC IDPA matches if they were on Sunday instead of Saturday. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom