• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. After I blast this away, I'll stick with R.E.M. UMC for my cheap bulk plinking ammo. Never had a single issue ever with that stuff.

Save yourself a few $ and start ordering bulk ammo online. You might be surprised at how cheap you can get excellent quality 9mm ammo compared to what you pay at the store for crap like UMC and WWB.

When I started getting S&B, Geco, Fiocchi, Aguila, etc. for $5-7 less per box (with free shipping) I stopped shopping locally.

https://gun.deals/

I use Sportsman's Guide and Brownells the most but every now and then Midway has a crazy, one-day deal.

My Walthers and CZs were sighted at the factory using 124gr FMJ. It's what seems to shoot to POA the most predictably.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I've noticed a lot of 124 grain 9x19 is actually NATO spec or European. It's also slightly hotter than 115 grain. I prefer 124 out of my XD9 and don't really notice a difference out of my G2 Glock 19.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I've noticed a lot of 124 grain 9x19 is actually NATO spec or European. It's also slightly hotter than 115 grain. I prefer 124 out of my XD9 and don't really notice a difference out of my G2 Glock 19.

NATO Spec 124 gr. like this stuff here is actually equivalent to +P 9mm...

http://www.sgammo.com/product/winch...nato-124-grain-winchester-mil-spec-ammo-q4318

Your XD can handle it just fine, as can any modern 9mm handgun like a Glock or M&P, but I personally wouldn't feed my guns a steady diet of +P ammo.

For the average target shooter it just isn't necessary, and over time it can cause accelerated wear on your gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom