• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    sorry to hear about your health and all. I didn't mean any disrespect.

D:)

No worries. I'm not trying to be defensive- I'd probably be hesitant too if some stranger came in asking a bunch of questions. It's just a tricky subject area to begin with and I think people are naturally suspicious (probably rightfully so with the way things are going).

Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    Hi All-
    I am writing a anthropological study of Maryland gun owners who are active online.

so just wondering, is this the beginning and end of your thesis?
    or is this just the best medium you have considering your health status?

the other questions are just data points.

D:tinfoil2:

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member

Attachments

• d18e778c5d8d9345272b6b3bb3e1f47f--randy-jackson-sassy-quotes.jpg
      d18e778c5d8d9345272b6b3bb3e1f47f--randy-jackson-sassy-quotes.jpg
      30.1 KB · Views: 247

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    What is your age, location, gender and marital status? Do you have children? Old , in a house , woman but 20 dollars is 20 dollars , bliss

How many guns do you own? 0

What type of guns are they? none

How long have you owned guns? Never

Where do you do most of your shooting? By Mouth

Were you exposed to gun ownership as a child (eg. your family owned guns, etc.)? Lone Ranger

Why do you own guns? I dont they are scary

How often do you use gun or 2A related forums? Only when bored

Are you a member of any gun related or 2A organizations? No

Has the pandemic changed your outlook on gun ownership? If so, how? The government should crush them all

Thanks for asking Joe

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Well, now the cat is outta the bag....

Is there another (lass auspicious) way for you to accommodate your needs?

You could make a series of surveys using the survey tool here and that would provide some measure of (anonymity) security for members.

You might also offer some incentive for participation, like a donation to MDS and or MSI based on level of participation. Yeah, I know, funds are tight. Maybe there’s some other incentives... Besides helping an unknown “damsel in distress.”

These folks are...wait for it...GUN SHY. Don’t ask me how I know.

Lucky me, you don’t want or need my data...I’m not a POM any more. Prisoner of Murderland.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    OP, as you suspected, asking gun owners for details is basically a non-starter. However, I suggest that you inquire of the Maryland State police regarding the volume of regulated gun sales. That, when compared to overall sales for Maryland which could be estimated by NICS checks, could give you some idea of the rough order of magnitude and distribution of type of firearm. demographics of buyers/owners is tougher, but probably doable/estimable. Perhaps you can talk to some gun store owners as well to get some ideas about sales overall as well as recent trends. Basically, do all of the background work you can and hopefully you will find some additional means to gather the data you want.
    Good luck with your research.

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    Well, now the cat is outta the bag....

Is there another (lass auspicious) way for you to accommodate your needs?

You could make a series of surveys using the survey tool here and that would provide some measure of (anonymity) security for members.

You might also offer some incentive for participation, like a donation to MDS and or MSI based on level of participation. Yeah, I know, funds are tight. Maybe there’s some other incentives... Besides helping an unknown “damsel in distress.”

These folks are...wait for it...GUN SHY. Don’t ask me how I know.

Lucky me, you don’t want or need my data...I’m not a POM any more. Prisoner of Murderland.

Thank you for the reply. That is actually great advice. I will most definitely look into the surveys. Unfortunately offering incentives for participation violates ethics for anthropological studies. Thank you for the actual, sincere reply. They are few and far between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom