• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    This part of the article makes no sense to me:

The ATF claims that SB Tactical markets its braces as “ATF Compliant” or “ATF Approved Technology,” but the SBT website does not make that statement about the ATF. AmmoLand News was not able to verify that the company used this language in marketing.

The box for the SBA3, and I imagine all other braces of theirs, clearly states ATF Compliant in the bottom right front corner. There is literally no other way to interpret ATF Compliant besides it being legal with the ATF. They may not list it on their website but every photo of the actual box, at least the SBA3, that I saw online has the ATF Compliant wording on it. I have to see if I have any of my boxes still or any photos.

I’m also fairly certain I saw the phrase ATF Approved Technology on their website when I have looked at braces in the past but I don’t want to try to use Wayback Machine on my phone so can’t check until I can get on a computer later.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    It just worked for me. Maybe they were updating the article when you checked.

The article has been editied
    Editors Note: This story has been edited to include additional facts that have come to light since we first posted. The ATF's confusing and contradictory approval process is an evolving story and we will continue to update and inform our readers as we get better information. Despite rumors, there is no known official change to ATF policy as it relates to pistol braces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom