• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    How would you feel if nobody did anything to stop it and a woman and her unborn child were dead (or worse)? Research Clayton Lockett if you want to see what a depraved piece of human garbage is capable of.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    What I was trying to do with the video is reiforce the awesome responsiblity of having one is. sorry you were insulted. I took it down.

The video isn't bothersome. It's disturbing but it's an accurate portrayal of what can happen when someone is shot.
    What bugged me about your thread was the idea that you would question members here if they've measured the cost of owning a firearm. That is a question that a troll may ask hence my question of the thread "smelling." I am well over it now though. So yes, people can bleed a lot if shot. If someone attacks my family then they may well suffer that consequence.

Last edited:

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    The video isn't bothersome. It's disturbing but it's an accurate portrayal of what can happen when someone is shot.
    What bugged me about your thread was the idea that you would question members here if they've measured the cost of owning a firearm. That is a question that a troll may ask hence my question of the thread "smelling." I am we'll over it now though. So yes, people can bleed a lot if shot. If someone attacks my family then they may well suffer that consequence.

I hope most have, but some may not have. A whole lot of new gun owners out there. I'd not ever seen anything like it and it had an effect on me. Don't see where it hurts to take stock now and again.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    My two cents . . .

It's disturbing that he pulled a gun on a pregnant woman. It would have been nice if he didn't do that. He wouldn't have been shot, and he wouldn't have bled out in the street with all those gawkers filming him. But he made his choice apparently trying to shoot first. He took a chance and lost - big time. So his death was a little gruesome. Would it really have made a difference it he caught the bullet between his eyes, died almost instantly, and there was just a small pool of blood draining slowing from wound? Would it have been better if he was killed with a sword like the armed burglar in Charles Village a few years back? What if he had his head cut off like the news reporter over in the Middle East? What if he was riding one of those motorcycles and got hit by a truck at 60MPH. All gruesome ways to die. Is one really better than another?

The video does nothing to change my mind about carrying and/or shooting in self-defense. I have had a loaded handgun pointed straight in my face at close range and been threatened with my life. Thanks to the State I wasn't armed, and I could have easily wound up laying in the street coughing up blood, but I was fortunate. I hope the situation never arises again, but if it does I hope I am armed, and trust I will use my best judgment, and be fast and accurate. In the meantime, since "hope" isn't a plan I will train and practice.

To the extent the OP was just trying to say firearms come with responsibilities - that's obvious and I think most here already get that. Most here are the responsible firearm owners. To the extent he was expressing doubts about himself and his own willingness to use deadly force if and when necessary, he has to make up his own mind. If the graphic nature of the video gives him pause he should rethink owning a firearm for self-defense. If he worries it could be him or is family laying in the street he should train and practice. I hope he finds the answer he is looking for.

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    My two cents . . .

It's disturbing that he pulled a gun on a pregnant woman. It would have been nice if he didn't do that. He wouldn't have been shot, and he wouldn't have bled out in the street with all those gawkers filming him. But he made his choice apparently trying to shoot first. He took a chance and lost - big time. So his death was a little gruesome. Would it really have made a difference it he caught the bullet between his eyes, died almost instantly, and there was just a small pool of blood draining slowing from wound? Would it have been better if he was killed with a sword like the armed burglar in Charles Village a few years back? What if he had his head cut off like the news reporter over in the Middle East? What if he was riding one of those motorcycles and got hit by a truck at 60MPH. All gruesome ways to die. Is one really better than another?

The video does nothing to change my mind about carrying and/or shooting in self-defense. I have had a loaded handgun pointed straight in my face at close range and been threatened with my life. Thanks to the State I wasn't armed, and I could have easily wound up laying in the street coughing up blood, but I was fortunate. I hope the situation never arises again, but if it does I hope I am armed, and trust I will use my best judgment, and be fast and accurate. In the meantime, since "hope" isn't a plan I will train and practice.

To the extent the OP was just trying to say firearms come with responsibilities - that's obvious and I think most here already get that. Most here are the responsible firearm owners. To the extent he was expressing doubts about himself and his own willingness to use deadly force if and when necessary, he has to make up his own mind. If the graphic nature of the video gives him pause he should rethink owning a firearm for self-defense. If he worries it could be him or is family laying in the street he should train and practice. I hope he finds the answer he is looking for.

Who cares about the guy who died from his perspective? I certainly do not. Never expressed any doubt about using deadly force. Not looking for any answers. Just like in physics where applying force, there is an equal and opposite reaction, there will be reactions to using deadly force back on the shooter, and not all will be physical. More new gun owners have come on board the last 5 years and need to be aware. How is not any different bracing oneself for the recoil of a 12 gauge 3.5 inch. and bracing oneself to the ramifications of using deadly force?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but now I will throw you under the bus as many above did. I couldn't give two sh*ts about the perspective of the dead guy and didn't say anything to infer that. Now you have a back bone and will use deadly force, but are still lamenting the mental anguish it may cause. Do yourself a favor, buck up and prepare yourself to use your big ole 3.5", and stop worry about the rest of our psyches. The video was fine. Your editorial has been a complete waste of time.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I am granting that the OP isn't a Troll per se.

BUT this isn't really about guns per se either.

Life sucks. Everybody dies. Sometimes death is sudden , unexpected , and gruesome. It could be result of vehicular incident , natural disaster , industrial accident , or yes , human inflicted.

This is part of the facts of life. We're glad the OP is now up to speed on this. Many of ( us/ population in general ) knew this through being tought about real life , or personal observation far earlier in life. Alas some people never learn , and think life is a Disney movie where nothing bad ever happens.

Yes , using deadly force is not pleasant . It has been said that the only thing worse than winning a gunfight is to Loose the fight. But the demise of the attacker is 1,000 time preferable to you or your family having harm come to them. The assailent brought his end upon himself with his own decisions and actions.

Pbharvey was spot on in #54 & #65 .

ps - For all the hating of hunters that goes on around here , they would be accustomed to the visuals of what happens to 100lb plus creatures shot in the chest with powerful firearms.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I'm only posting here because I definitely want to be part of the most useless thread on MDS where the OP has achieved 19 of his (?) thus-far 43 posts in one thread. I have to say I haven't been beaten over the head so unnecessarily redundantly since I was little kid having to learn cursive writing! As others have intimated, I do wonder if there's not another agenda being worked here. I'll just stand over here behind the camera now & watch this thread die a slow, miserable, messy, disgusting death.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I'm only posting here because I definitely want to be part of the most useless thread on MDS where the OP has achieved 19 of his (?) thus-far 43 posts in one thread. I have to say I haven't been beaten over the head so unnecessarily redundantly since I was little kid having to learn cursive writing! As others have intimated, I do wonder if there's not another agenda being worked here. I'll just stand over here behind the camera now & watch this thread die a slow, miserable, messy, disgusting death.
    Like the maggot in the OP's video. :cool:

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    I am granting that the OP isn't a Troll per se.

BUT this isn't really about guns per se either.

Life sucks. Everybody dies. Sometimes death is sudden , unexpected , and gruesome. It could be result of vehicular incident , natural disaster , industrial accident , or yes , human inflicted.
    This is part of the facts of life. We're glad the OP is now up to speed on this. Many of ( us/ population in general ) knew this through being tought about real life , or personal observation far earlier in life. Alas some people never learn , and think life is a Disney movie where nothing bad ever happens.

Yes , using deadly force is not pleasant . It has been said that the only thing worse than winning a gunfight is to Loose the fight. But the demise of the attacker is 1,000 time preferable to you or your family having harm come to them. The assailent brought his end upon himself with his own decisions and actions.

Pbharvey was spot on in #54 & #65 .

ps - For all the hating of hunters that goes on around here , they would be accustomed to the visuals of what happens to 100lb plus creatures shot in the chest with powerful firearms.

You got a point there. Pbharvey's # 65; I never questioned anything about the cost of owning a firearm. The only comments I have made were about safety and the use of deadly force.
    Good point about it is possible to see something like this anywhere.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Listen azz. It is no editorial. It is an observation. I'm sure sociopaths out there can drop people left and right and have no ill effects. You stated "It's disturbing that he pulled a gun on a pregnant woman. It would have been nice if he didn't do that. He wouldn't have been shot, and he wouldn't have bled out in the street with all those gawkers filming him. But he made his choice apparently trying to shoot first." and I poinnted out that "I" did not care anything about his perspective and the post is not about the reason he died.

So now we are all "sociopaths?" You are going to fit in great here, a bi-polar preacher is just what we need. :rolleyes:

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012

How so? It would have been a self inflicted wound. Usually I post a question and get an answer here and I'm out.

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    So now we are all "sociopaths?" You are going to fit in great here, a bi-polar preacher is just what we need. :rolleyes:

Noooo..! I said sociopaths would not be effected did not say you or anyone else here was a sociopath. Matter of a fact gun owners I find to be just the opposite.

So I'm bipolar? No wonder I hate cats but love .....!

Kolholznik

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 16, 2014
    Noooo..! I said sociopaths would not be effected did not say you or anyone else here was a sociopath. Matter of a fact gun owners I find to be just the opposite.

Spare us the preachy, patronizing BS. Instead of admonishing a group of complete strangers to search their souls about using a gun on another human being, perhaps a better use of your time would be to work on your communication skills? Specifically, how not to come across as a troll. Thanks.

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    Spare us the preachy, patronizing BS. Instead of admonishing a group of complete strangers to search their souls about using a gun on another human being, perhaps a better use of your time would be to work on your communication skills? Specifically, how not to come across as a troll. Thanks.

You can work on your puckering skills and kiss it. I post a vid you can watch or not watch. You get to choose.

Kolholznik

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 16, 2014
    You can work on your puckering skills and kiss it. I post a vid you can watch or not watch. You get to choose.

How bout I go on a gardening group and post a video of what happens to house plants when they're not watered regularly? Better yet, you should go do that. Your f'd up attitude seems better suited.

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    How bout I go on a gardening group and post a video of what happens to house plants when they're not watered regularly? Better yet, you should go do that. Your f'd up attitude seems better suited.

What kind of attitude is not humbled and awed by the power of life and death when that power is at your finger tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom