• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    Do you vote with this much emotion?

Yes. And never for a liberal. The point is even if you are in the right it is a burden to bear. And if your wrong and hesitate it could be you or a loved one drowning in blood. Death scenes are not like in the movies!

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Like the old Signal30 films that used to be part of driver's education, this outta be required viewing for a CCW.

No this should be part of a person's sentence that robbed someone and then got caught by LE. then put in prison for the crime. Make them watch this and remind them this might be you the next time you try to rob someone. You got lucky this time!

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    No this should be part of a person's sentence that robbed someone and then got caught by LE. then put in prison for the crime. Make them watch this and remind them this might be you the next time you try to rob someone. You got lucky this time!

Remember not all situations are clear cut with time to think.You guys have no problem making a split second decision, then watching a scene take place like this, and go about your business like nothing happened? And heaven forbid an accident. I don't want people to hesitate either. Just know what could happen. Knowledge is power!

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Sad this young man had to die like he did. The pregnant woman who was about to be shot with a malfunctioning .32 was lucky her CCW armed husband who was an off duty police officer was able to carry a firearm and defend her. I wonder how many people this unfortunate assailant hurt or murdered before he met his own fate. Yes if you are not prepared to take down someone who is intent on taking you down then do not carry. For most the memory of removing someone from this earth remains with you for life. My will to survive and overcome a violent attacker who intends to kill me exceeds my conscientious objection to taking a life.

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    Sad this young man had to die like he did. The pregnant woman who was about to be shot with a malfunctioning .32 was lucky her CCW armed husband who was an off duty police officer was able to carry a firearm and defend her. I wonder how many people this unfortunate assailant hurt or murdered before he met his own fate. Yes if you are not prepared to take down someone who is intent on taking you down then do not carry. For most the memory of removing someone from this earth remains with you for life. My will to survive and overcome a violent attacker who intends to kill me exceeds my conscientious objection to taking a life.

Thank you for getting it!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    1) if the description is correct, I have no sympathy for the guy. I think those milling around filming the guy's death also have no sympathy for him because they may have seen good people hurt given the violent crime rate in Brazil, so they could view this as street justice.
    2) it's a nauseating film. Tarantino could get ideas from it, but likely wouldn't have the patience to draw it out in real time.

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    1) if the description is correct, I have no sympathy for the guy. I think those milling around filming the guy's death also have no sympathy for him because they may have seen good people hurt given the violent crime rate in Brazil, so they could view this as street justice.
    2) it's a nauseating film. Tarantino could get ideas from it, but likely wouldn't have the patience to draw it out in real time.

I could care less about the puke spewing blood! The point is this could be a scene we could all see. Prepare yourself!

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    No this should be part of a person's sentence that robbed someone and then got caught by LE....Make them watch this and remind them this might be you the next time you try to rob someone. You got lucky this time!
    I think it's best that miscreants receive their just due by surprise. Less likely they'll learn counter measures.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I think the point of this is that have we, as responsible firearm owners, really thought fully of the emotional ramifications that we could find ourselves in. Yes, I would protect my family to the fullest degree possible, but I would hate to take someones life. Am I prepared to, I hope I never have to make that decision.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Remember not all situations are clear cut with time to think.You guys have no problem making a split second decision, then watching a scene take place like this, and go about your business like nothing happened? And heaven forbid an accident. I don't want people to hesitate either. Just know what could happen. Knowledge is power!

Don't judge me because of what I write on this site. I can say after finding my best friend with a 357 magnum laying in his lap and the doors locked on his pick up after he decided to eat a bullet because he didn't want to deal with reality anymore. I had to go look for him because his brother didn't have the gas to go try and find him, Feb. 2003 around 2:00 am. It was cold dark and no one around just me and by dead friend. I had to stay and wait for the police to show. Do you know how it feels to see that? I have some more stories I can tell you. I don't have to look on the internet to see what damage a gun can do. Maybe you should take your foot out of your a $$ and take your advice some where else.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Remember not all situations are clear cut with time to think.You guys have no problem making a split second decision, then watching a scene take place like this, and go about your business like nothing happened? And heaven forbid an accident. I don't want people to hesitate either. Just know what could happen.

Knowledge is power good!
    FIFY ;)

And watching someone die, even if they die peacefully, stays with you for the rest of your life.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I have to say, the most disturbing part of the video is the fact that everyone stands around filming. Defend yourself, defend your love ones, do what you have to do. But you have to be one sick bastard to stand around a videotape that like its nothing. That to me is the most sickening part of the whole thing.

What did you expect them to do? Put on their surgical gloves and start operating on the guy? If a guy gets shot in the chest and is pumping blood out of his mouth there isn’t much you can do except video tape it and show the tape to the police once they arrive.

Anyway, this video should be shown in all Baltimore public schools as an example of what eventually happens to all violent criminals.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Criminals get little to no sympathy from me if they die as a result of them violating someone, but this video is disturbing (the young woman shot by Iranian police during the 2009 protests).

WARNING - graphic

I noticed a quirk with youtube. I can embed the video fine, but to view it directly you have to log in to "prove" age/consent.

glendonboy

Feb 20, 2012
    Don't judge me because of what I write on this site. I can say after finding my best friend with a 357 magnum laying in his lap and the doors locked on his pick up after he decided to eat a bullet because he didn't want to deal with reality anymore. I had to go look for him because his brother didn't have the gas to go try and find him, Feb. 2003 around 2:00 am. It was cold dark and no one around just me and by dead friend. I had to stay and wait for the police to show. Do you know how it feels to see that? I have some more stories I can tell you. I don't have to look on the internet to see what damage a gun can do. Maybe you should take your foot out of your a $$ and take your advice some where else.

Sorry about your friend. There were clear warnings to not watch if you did not want to see. I have not provided any advice. Just stating being prepared and acting on a threat is one thing, living with the actions is another. And that includes accidents.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Sorry about your friend. There were clear warnings to not watch if you did not want to see. I have not provided any advice. Just stating being prepared and acting on a threat is one thing, living with the actions is another. And that includes accidents.

When I made my comment it confirmed how serious it is and that they should make criminals watch videos. Then you quoted me and questioned me as if I didn't know what the kind of effect it would have. I wanted you to know that I have experienced it first hand. Not just in the story I posted.
    When you start a thread like that on a gun forum don't you see how people are suspect to your intentions? I am sure there are quite a few people on this forum that have witnessed worse. I just don't think you should question people about a scenario like the one you posted. I am sure most of us are fully aware of the ramifications if we had to do what the husband did in the video.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have to say, the most disturbing part of the video is the fact that everyone stands around filming. Defend yourself, defend your love ones, do what you have to do. But you have to be one sick bastard to stand around a videotape that like its nothing. That to me is the most sickening part of the whole thing.

This type of scene is common place in many places around the world. The bystanders are likely used to this kind of scene and are simply desensitized. I have no sympathy for the guy and would not hesitate to do the same to him if it were my wife and unborn child in danger. It might be a lot to stomach to see this after you pull the trigger but you must do what you must do to survive. There is nothing that will force you to watch the life pour out of him once you have stopped the threat. Simply relocate to a safe location and call 911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom