• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Picked up my Reverse Two Tone Sig Mosquito from Gun Connection on friday and went to Elk Neck today to put some rounds through it. AFter reading and reading I was a bit skeptical of how itd do with FTF, FTE etc.

I cleaned the gun before taking it like I would any brand new gun and started off with CCI Mini Mag 40 grain and blew through about 50 rounds without one problem. Next mag I had one failure to feed it just never got picked up out of the mag. Went through the rest of the 100 round pack without another problem.

Then I started shooting the 36 grain CCI mini Mag Hollow Points. Shot 100 rounds of them without a problem even burning through the 10 roubd clip as fast as I could. So now im in 200 rounds on a brand new gun with one problem so far. Shot another 50 and it jammed about 2 more times so I called it a day leaving extremely happy with my purchase.

The gun is definetly a fun little shooter that leaves you with no regrets leaving the range knowing you didnt just blow 100 bucks on ammo. Honda53s was with me and now he wants one lol. Ill get some pics up tomorrow.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    whatever you do ( I did this ) do not over tighten the barrel retaining screw... I now have a stripped cast iron feeling soft metal sub frame and my barrel is permanently loose.. =)

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Sounds like you better stick with that ammo, it seems to be doing well with your skeeter.

I plan on it, im not like others ive read about complaining about paying for the "expensive" 22lr ammo. Im already saving so much over my .40 i dont mind paying for it.

The SIg box it came in even had a coupon for CCI and said to use it in the owners manual.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I agree. After I spent over a $100.00 in .45 and .40 ammo, I look over at allen and hes like I have spent $12.00. As soon as my collector license gets approved(tomorow marks 30 days) I will be in at gun connection getting one. I was very impressed with how the gun felt and shot. That gun will pay for itself in just a couple weekends of shooting!!!

fd318

Mar 22, 2010
    Upper Fells Point
    Mine shoot great... the first time. The second time, every other shot was a stove pipe or fail to load. Apparently I suck at cleaning... and shooting a brick the first time might have been a bit much. After a good cleaning, I haven't had any real problems with the gun. Yeah, maybe 1-2 failures out of a 100 isn't too bad... mostly when the first few shots at the range might have problems. But this isn't a ccw/home defense gun, so I guess thats okay. Just remember to keep it super clean and you have two recoil springs.

Besides, shooting 2 or 3 hundred rounds at the range for 10 bucks is worth a few mis fires or squibs. I shoot the 525 federal bulk packs from walmart.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Federal lightning 22LR works well in my skeeter and is much cheaper than CCI
    Give it a try can't hurt. Wally carries it.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I've had mine for a couple of years now with only a few ftf's and I think it was the ammo, not the gun as I tried the failed rounds in a bolt action rifle and they wouldn't fire there either (Rem. Golden bullets). I have put probably 800 rounds down the pipe of both CCI's and Rems with only those couple of problems. Great gun in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom