• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm wondering if gerrymandering can be prosecuted under RICO. Seriously. Nearly everything else has.

Legal question, I really don't know; but I doubt there would be much will to pursue because both sides have done it. Its the Republicans getting the short end of the stick here in Maryland, and for so long its way lopsided. If we had a more balanced state government crazy things like SB281 (FSA2013) and letting felons vote and illegals get drivers licenses wouldn't happen.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    false_prophets_2-270x300.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Stop the gerrymandering, its denying us of our votes; here's what it is and how it works:
    http://www.wired.com/2016/01/gerrymandering-is-even-more-infuriating-when-you-can-actually-see-it/

Here is an example, the districts are supposed to be divided up in a way that The People are represented fairly, but instead crooked politicians (in Maryland, it has been exclusively Democrats for many decades doing this to screw conservatives, independents, libertarians, and everyone else NOT part of the Dem agenda). Look how bad this is:

Maryland03-932x659.jpg

This is an outrage. We can stop it in the 2018 Maryland election. Join Operation DINO 2018.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    OK Dino's...
    I'm not convinced of this effort, but in the spirit of open-mindedness, here are all the ballots for the primary this April.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2016/primary_ballots/AnneArundel.pdf

Can you all coalesce on a single, non-incumbent, pro-2A democratic candidate for US Senate and your Congressional District?

This is the trial.
    If this step cannot be done correctly, in unison, then the DINO2018 idea may not be workable.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    OK Dino's...
    I'm not convinced of this effort, but in the spirit of open-mindedness, here are all the ballots for the primary this April.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2016/primary_ballots/AnneArundel.pdf

Can you all coalesce on a single, non-incumbent, pro-2A democratic candidate for US Senate and your Congressional District?

This is the trial.
    If this step cannot be done correctly, in unison, then the DINO2018 idea may not be workable.

Hey there!

Two things, thats the Republican Primary (sample) ballot; we will get the Democrat Primary ballot. Second, we are focusing on the non-Presidential election - 2018, not the 2016 election. During non-Presidential voting years, the voter turn out is much lower.

This is a great exercise, and prep, but the 'big show' will be the 2018 Democrat Primary.

I'm not thrilled that this thread has been moved from the water-cooler, because now anyone can see our discussion. We are not discussing detailed strategy in these forums. The purpose of this thread is to educate folks on what DINO is, how it can work; and do some recruiting. The specific targets, districts, methods, funding and tactics are going to be discussed in another format/way.

This effort should support other 2A efforts, not oppose them. There are districts where there is strong support for conservatives, where they need support from Republicans to get the best candidates in office. But the more 'liberal' an area is, the more important it is to get as many voters (of all stripes, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Green, libertarians, etc.) on board and registered as Democrats so all of us moderates (even moderate Democrats) can vote out the worst of the 'establishment' Democrats.

Consider running (as a Democrat) yourself, or at least asking one moderate to run in the 2018 election. Some districts are unopposed, the DINO movement doesn't work if there is no opposition in the Democrat Primary.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    <snip>

Two things, thats the Republican Primary (sample) ballot; we will get the Democrat Primary ballot.

<snip>

SCROLL DOWN! The Democratic primary ballots follow the Republican ones.

Second, we are focusing on the non-Presidential election - 2018, not the 2016 election. During non-Presidential voting years, the voter turn out is much lower.

I see that, but ..... as you said...
    This is a great exercise, and prep,
    Exactly.

Consider running (as a Democrat) yourself, or at least asking one moderate to run in the 2018 election. Some districts are unopposed, the DINO movement doesn't work if there is no opposition in the Democrat Primary.
    uh...no.
    I have a job that I love, serving my beloved Navy, I really don't want a job that I'd hate.
    :)

-M

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    SCROLL DOWN! The Democratic primary ballots follow the Republican ones.

I see that, but ..... as you said...

Exactly.

uh...no.
    I have a job that I love, serving my beloved Navy, I really don't want a job that I'd hate.
    :)

-M

I did scroll down, didn't see any Democrat ballots, that was the sample Republican ticket. Either way, good idea, and the ballot you were looking for is out there. This would be a good drill, if we can get enough folks on-board for this 2016 election.

That's funny, I'm retired Army, many of us that understand how this works and are willing to do the most about it are military, current and former. We are in good company. There are other discussions going on, more specific to strategy, but not in the public forums. Targets, time, tactics, we just need people to support to make it happen.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Stop the gerrymandering, its denying us of our votes; here's what it is and how it works:

http://www.wired.com/2016/01/gerrymandering-is-even-more-infuriating-when-you-can-actually-see-it/

Here is an example, the districts are supposed to be divided up in a way that The People are represented fairly, but instead crooked politicians (in Maryland, it has been exclusively Democrats for many decades doing this to screw conservatives, independents, libertarians, and everyone else NOT part of the Dem agenda). Look how bad this is:

Maryland03-932x659.jpg

This is an outrage. We can stop it in the 2018 Maryland election. Join Operation DINO 2018.

That's my district. I hate that prick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    I did scroll down, didn't see any Democrat ballots, that was the sample Republican ticket. Either way, good idea, and the ballot you were looking for is out there. This would be a good drill, if we can get enough folks on-board for this 2016 election.

That's funny, I'm retired Army, many of us that understand how this works and are willing to do the most about it are military, current and former. We are in good company. There are other discussions going on, more specific to strategy, but not in the public forums. Targets, time, tactics, we just need people to support to make it happen.

...scroll down further?

Page 19 of the PDF is the sample ballot for Democratic primaries in District 3. Sarbanes vs John Rea.
    Hillary vs Bernie vs "Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente - California" (who the hell is that?)

I've attached a screen shot of the PDF at page 19.

They put both R&D together.

Attachments

• complete ballot.jpg
      complete ballot.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 419

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I copied this from my post in another thread. I think it may be useful here, If not, brickbats and catcalls invited.
    Here's how it works:

Before the General Election we DINOs find and get Typhoid Mary to run against Miller. Then the DINOs vote for TM. TM wins. Miller CAN'T run and retires from the race with his name on a building. At election time, DINOs vote for the R candidate, Dudley Doright, or TM; whoever better aligns with our goals. Our candidate wins.

Off to the races! This does several things for us.
    • It nullifies the gerrymander, because the denizens of the corrupted districts have "poisoned the D well" with people who are invisible, but actively turning against the D Party apparatus.
    • It sends a powerful message to Busch: FEAR US! So he will have to think twice every time he proceeds along a Progressive path.
    • It sabotages the D Machine in this state, since they no longer know who will come at them, and from which formerly-predictable direction. So their long-term plans are jeopardized.
    • It encourages marginalized former voters and non-voters, who now begin to think that their vote DOES matter and will turn out next time.
    I see many more wins than loses in the DINO strategy.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Are presidential primaries closed only to the team you're currently registered with?

Or are Rs and Ds on the same ballot on the same day?

Mr H

Banana'd
    All races in MD are closed.

Unaffiliateds are completely locked out, unless IIRC there are local issues on the ballot.

This is the main reason DiNO was created, to give conservative/independent-types a way to bash on the Ds twice ;)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    ...scroll down further?

They put both R&D together.

I missed that, thank you.

I copied this from my post in another thread. I think it may be useful here, If not, brickbats and catcalls invited.

Excellent.

He has opposition in 2016...

I'll be sending some hard-earned to John Rea, and I invite others in the district to do so, along with a note of support

Unaffiliateds are completely locked out, unless IIRC there are local issues on the ballot.

This is the main reason DiNO was created, to give conservative/independent-types a way to bash on the Ds twice ;)

Yes sir, that's why we are doing this. Very unique opportunity and Best way many of us can make a difference.

Last edited:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Preciate it.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Have been a Dino since this was first discussed here on this board. Dist 28- everything is DEM here, but I think the Dino operation convinced Peter Murphy to leave the GA. Unfortunately, we couldn't knock him off here locally due to a very weak opponent. However, his hand picked successor went down badly. I am thinking I need to switch back temporarily to cast a vote for Cruz, but I can become DINO again after this year. Dino's supported CTWilson here and he was a top vote getter in the last primary. He is very much aware of the DINO operation. We need to call in some chips with him besides just getting him to vote the right way on the current bills. We supported him, now he should help us out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom