What do folks think about fanny packs for CCW?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    star-dima_bellybag.png

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    HEY ! , I had a cpl Buicks As teen into early '20s . Pre Emission 455's were torque monsters. GS were recognized as muscle cars, most others were more low profile. Centurians were the eqiv of same era Olds 88 ( sorta mediumish size for era, availble w/ big blocks). My Duce & .25 Coupe w/ free flowing exhaust could cruise 135mph without even kicking in secondaries on the Q Jet.

But back on topic , fanny packs are either :

1. Specialized carry for when wearing swim trunks, gym shorts, nude beach, etc. Or be a full enclosed protection while actually trout fishing or hiking.

2. Primarily a low profile gun case , that can sorta work for carry, somewhat, in a pinch.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Im told a group of instructors attempted to train with fanny packs at the NRA Range years ago, to prepare to add them to the PPOTH curriculum.

The fanny packs were said to present all kinds of issues, even for seasoned instructors, including muzzle sweeping of the wearer and others when drawing - even with practice.

Plus, they are no longer fashionable, except possibly, in Blaster229's social circles.

ElijahJudah

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 8, 2016
    First; This is by far the funniest forum on MD shooters. They lit into the fanny pack dude.
    Second; Please follow the law accordingly, Man Law #238 states: Thou shalt not wear effeminate accessories such as a Murse (man purse), Fanny pack of any variety, nor Jingly bracelets regardless of their tactical potential. This law includes verbiage regarding the illegality of pink glock slides, pink holsters and other hello-kitty style accessories.
    3rd; Remember, if you are being robbed, especially in Baltimore, the robber would require you to turn over ALL valuables including that nice Kenneth Cole Murse (man-purse).
    My favorite holster, "SHTF gear IWB Holster". The most accessible holster, but it prints with fitted polo.
    Least favorite; Urban Carry , less accessible than the SHTF Gear, but conceals the most.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    First; This is by far the funniest forum on MD shooters. They lit into the fanny pack dude.
    Second; Please follow the law accordingly, Man Law #238 states: Thou shalt not wear effeminate accessories such as a Murse (man purse), Fanny pack of any variety, nor Jingly bracelets regardless of their tactical potential. This law includes verbiage regarding the illegality of pink glock slides, pink holsters and other hello-kitty style accessories.
    3rd; Remember, if you are being robbed, especially in Baltimore, the robber would require you to turn over ALL valuables including that nice Kenneth Cole Murse (man-purse).
    My favorite holster, "SHTF gear IWB Holster". The most accessible holster, but it prints with fitted polo.
    Least favorite; Urban Carry , less accessible than the SHTF Gear, but conceals the most.

I read that in the handbook, but I still went out and bought this as an additional 'get'er home bag' for my niece (jk)

img-thing

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    If I saw a healthy man between 18 and 75 yrs of age with no visible disability wearing a fanny pack, I would assume he's carrying a handgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom