• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Medical Cannabis Card & HQL

What is the biggest cluster is the Feds are kinda turning a blind eye to medical cannabis, the states for the most part are celebrating the revenue and everything pot until it is time to get a HQL or a Permit . Then the State of Maryland uses the card to take away of your rights .
    The state of Maryland is always trying to jack folks up .

There’s no way to know, of course, but with as easy as it is to get a medical card, I’m betting the majority of “medical” users are not actually using it under any sort of medical supervision. They are self diagnosing and self medicating. So IMO “medical” use is mostly (not entirely, but mostly) a farce. But the revenue is very real. As are the votes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I did AC repair at a dispensary, the clientele wasn't what you describe. Others who have casually observed door traffic concur; the typical user is a middle aged woman with a significant chronic condition.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I did AC repair at a dispensary, the clientele wasn't what you describe. Others who have casually observed door traffic concur; the typical user is a middle aged woman with a significant chronic condition.

Yep, stays home with 3 kids and a husband who works 12 hours a day.

boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.

Yeah. I'm a senior now, when I was middle aged there wasn't a woman I dated that didn't have some sort of chronic problem that required some kind of upper, downer, or pain killer.
    Add in the wine and it's a real horror show.

And they all wondered why I wouldn't marry.

boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.
    So, let me get this straight - if you can legally use pot you can't own a gun, but you can drive a vehicle?
    Why isn't the state revoking drivers licenses for pot use? Far more deaths and injuries result from vehicle accidents than guns.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    So, let me get this straight - if you can legally use pot you can't own a gun, but you can drive a vehicle?
    Why isn't the state revoking drivers licenses for pot use? Far more deaths and injuries result from vehicle accidents than guns.

I've seen from pretty horrible driving as I sit an intersection way up here in Harford County and watch people leave an opioid treatment office in the early AM. I guess they're getting their "free" medicine that feels like opioids but without addiction (?)

I imagine these people are high as shit and getting behind the wheel. Literally seen several cars almost cause head on collisions by probably a few feet.

I watched one guy pull out, doze off, wake up and just floor it out into traffic. All while I sat in the matter of about 2 and a half minutes at this intersection.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Nobody said it had to make sense.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I've seen from pretty horrible driving as I sit an intersection way up here in Harford County and watch people leave an opioid treatment office in the early AM. I guess they're getting their "free" medicine that feels like opioids but without addiction (?)

I imagine these people are high as shit and getting behind the wheel. Literally seen several cars almost cause head on collisions by probably a few feet.

I watched one guy pull out, doze off, wake up and just floor it out into traffic. All while I sat in the matter of about 2 and a half minutes at this intersection.

Man, you don’t even have to be there as they get out. Just walk down the street in the city, or drive a motorcycle around the area, and you’ll be lucky if you DON’T get a second hand high from the cars that pass by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD

Not disagreeing with what you’ve seen. But I have first hand knowledge of people that self prescribe and self medicate. No medical professional involved. You do know you can get a card for “anxiety”, too, right? Not discounting anyone that suffers from true anxiety. But here too, self diagnosis and self treatment. You just need to answer the questions to get the result you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    So what will the state police do if/when the MGA passes the annual bill to make marijuana no longer a prohibiting condition?

Not-disapprove sales, since it's state law, or disapprove sales, since marijuana is still prohibiting per the 4473?

If the former, the ATF booting them as the NICS contact point for handgun sales could be hilarious.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So what will the state police do if/when the MGA passes the annual bill to make marijuana no longer a prohibiting condition?

Not-disapprove sales, since it's state law, or disapprove sales, since marijuana is still prohibiting per the 4473?

If the former, the ATF booting them as the NICS contact point for handgun sales could be hilarious.

MSP cannot approve unless the NICS check they run comes back approved. And since the purchaser also has to fill out a 4473 in addition to the electronic 77R, they would still fail, based on the questions on the 4473.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

State law has nothing to do with it. It’s illegal at the Federal level, period. The State of MD has already made it legal in small amounts or in a “medical dispensary” which is really just a BS term to get around legality. You don’t need a doctor’s note to get a MM card. It will continue to be a prohibiting conditional in EVERY state until federal law is changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong , but you do need a Dr note for MM card . That's why there are all the roadside signs advertising for ( presumably ) telephone consultations to get one .

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Correct me if I'm wrong , but you do need a Dr note for MM card . That's why there are all the roadside signs advertising for ( presumably ) telephone consultations to get one .

Not exactly. You need an approved medical provider, one who is registered with the Medical Marijuana Commission, to sign off on your application. There is a list of approved approvers on the state website.

A "doctor's note" is useless unless the doctor is on that list.

https://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/Registered-Providers-List.aspx

Very few doctors seem to be on that list. I believe insurance, or the rules of their various practices forbid it. As I recall, most of the medical personnel approved to approve your application are nurses of some variety, Nurse Practitioner of some sort.

I think the fee for approval from one of these nurses is around $200.

The way it works: you go to one of these people, tell them something is bothering you, and pay them the $200 or so. Then they sign off on your weed approval, and you can get your card.

My sense of it is, most of these people do nothing but approve applications. That is their entire practice. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

It looks to me like getting on the state list of registered application approvers is a ticket for the Gravy Train. I wonder how you get on that list? I would expect it's a combination of knowing someone and paying someone.

By the way, I still refuse to post in this stupid thread.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Opps , I was too literal with " Dr " implying a generic MD .

I was intending to make the point that an " Approved Medical Provider " was already involved in the MMJ process .

Well what the MGW * Could * do would be to double down , eliminate the Wink - Wink , Knod, Knod posturing , and just make Weed flat out Legal for anyone over 21 , and MM Cards would be unneeded . No Card , no loss of Rights for having a Card .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom