• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arts

Nov 14, 2014
    Good looking knife. I would love to hold one and get a feel for it.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My Khukuri in progress

Attachments

• IMG20200907075826.jpg
      IMG20200907075826.jpg
      81.9 KB · Views: 399
    • IMG20200907075859.jpg
      IMG20200907075859.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 373
    • IMG20200907160140.jpg
      IMG20200907160140.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 365
    • IMG20200907160207.jpg
      IMG20200907160207.jpg
      54.2 KB · Views: 376

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Here's what would be funny; if those pics are the same sent out to everyone who orders a Khukari :clap:

We were all posting progress pics a year or so ago, and except for one dupe they were all unique and taken just days before.

I haven't abused my khukri but it's held up really well, aside from the blade getting rust blued in spots (my bad for not keeping it clean, but now it looks the part).

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They do great work may even try to liquidate a couple I had made. Some of their blades I have put into service, almost daily. A couple just dont fit but those were my design choices.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    What type/grade of metal are they using for these blades?

As a huge stickler for blade steel this also puzzled me during my first build. All I can say is this -
    Shit is TOUGH. Holds an edge well and takes one very easily. It’s a high carbon obviously. I don’t know if it’s a type of spring steel or what. But it will not fail to perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What type/grade of metal are they using for these blades?

Thinking about it; given that this is basically a type of machete or chopping tool, it would have to be a very tough steel; perhaps even a tool steel. My guess is high carbon but low chromium (i.e. not stainless). They did mention in an email that the steel is quenched.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    That would make sense. I have a German bayonet for a G3 (PTR91) that is made out of spring steel and it is very tough but does not seem brittle. Took me a long time to put an edge on it.

I thought I read on there websites somewhere it is spring steel as in from automobiles.

I received two knives from them in February and will take pics later tonight.

If you have them engrave or etch something, leave off the " " or they will end up in the blade...smh. my bad.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    I thought I read on there websites somewhere it is spring steel as in from automobiles.

I received two knives from them in February and will take pics later tonight.

If you have them engrave or etch something, leave off the " " or they will end up in the blade...smh. my bad.

Yeah my gut instinct is leaf springs. I have seen some of their raw material. Regardless of what it is, where it came from, mine really does get the snot kicked out of it. Nothing about the blade behaves anyway I wouldn’t want it to. You get typical damage to be expected from heavy use. But it’s easily correctable. No major failures to speak of yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom