• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Thoughts?

Are there lower-priced versions of this that deliver THE SAME? (I.e., 20,000 mAh, ... enough power to start even the largest trucks on the road multiple times)?

I’ve been amazed at the breadth and depth of knowledge here at MDS enough to know, if there is a more affordable exact equivalent to something exists, well, more than likely an MDS member knows about it! :party29:

Here: https://unchartedsupplyco.com/products/the-zeus

Find everything you need in the Zeus, a portable jump starter that doubles as a flashlight and USB charger.
    - With 20,000 mAh, this portable battery jumper boasts enough power to start even the largest trucks on the road multiple times.
    - The Zeus can take your iPhone Plus from zero to 100% battery life at least 10 times.
    - When used as a flashlight, the Zeus can supply light for days on end.
    This portable battery charger can get you back on the road when no one’s on the other end of the jumper cables, fully recharge your power tools, and revive your dead devices if no power supply is near. Charge the Zeus at home or on the road, and feel safe knowing you have a backup light source during any emergency situation.
    $150.00

I found out about Uncharted Supply Co. from someone who tested their “RapidRaft” (passed his as well as military contract reqts with flying colors).

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I have one of them. Keep the pack charged. Mine goes flat every 3 months. Better guage goes from 100 to 35% if I draw any current from it.

The battery in my car is dying so I expect to have some real world results soon.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    They can have my Jesus Jump Starter & USB Charger when they pry it from my cold, dead, fingers.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Thank Y’all, kindly!

I started out with a dead battery incident down on the OBX years ago on my mind but, after reading everyone of these replies (every one of them sincerely appreciated, btw! :party29: ) now I am thinking great gift ideas. (I am somewhat legendary in my family and at least one other circle for giving the most practical of practical gifts ... I mean what the hey, show me any newlyweds that won’t need a leaf blower! (China? pffft!) Or, what kind of teenager can’t use a high quality 6” bench vice? :evilgrin3

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    I am thinking great gift ideas.

These come in handy too

Screenshot_20201208-202642_Chrome.jpg

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I've never had the battery in one of them portable jump packs last any more than a year. They're still pretty nice to have though.
    It just sucks when it's dead when you need it to not be.

Get the super capacitor jump box.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    These come in handy too

View attachment 301091

Here is another gift idea. I have given them out to family members and they have come in handy.

https://hornblasters.com/collections/viair-portable-compressors/products/70p-portable-air-compressor

The Viair compressors are built like tanks and can pump up tires fast.

Add a few bucks for a plug kit for your flat tire, and a pair of pliers,cutters etc to remove the nail/screw, and you are gold.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Originally Posted by W_Donahue
    I've never had the battery in one of them portable jump packs last any more than a year. They're still pretty nice to have though.
    It just sucks when it's dead when you need it to not be.

FWIW, we were at the local gun club with a work party to repair perimeter fencing and a whole host of equipment wouldn’t start. Four wheelers, tractors, etc. Member who operates big eqpt whipped one of these out and the stories he’s telling about how many BIG RIGS hes jumped one right after another prompted me to snap a photo of it. Said he’s had it for many, MANY a years now and lost count of the jumps he’s used it for, before recharging it ... https://www.amazon.com/Clore-Automotive-Jump-N-Carry-JNC660-Starter/dp/B000JFJLP6

Attachments

• 7E059BF5-9358-4AAA-BCDB-5A29EA4D7305.jpg
      7E059BF5-9358-4AAA-BCDB-5A29EA4D7305.jpg
      121.1 KB · Views: 133

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads