• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I have not hunted in many years and never in Maryland (I grew up in VA) but thought I would get back into it. I completed the Maryland Online Hunter Education Course yesterday and I am looking for a "Field Day". As far as I can tell there are none available in the entire state. Are there likely to be any additional field days in the state of MD this year?

Also, just curious... is the online test and/or field day test required every year or just the first year that you get your license? Also, is there an Archery proficiency test that is part of field day? If there is an archery proficiency test could someone give me an idea of how the test is done? I found a few Internet forum references about being able to hit an 8 inch paper plate from 20 yards but have not been able to find anything definitive on the DNR web site...

Thanks for any info or pointers to additional references!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    well you are prob gonna be hard pressed to find a field day...you can take the 100% online course for TX and you don't have to take a field day. there a thread on this...

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Did you take a hunter safety course in VA when hunted there? It's my understanding that the hunter safety classes are recognized in all states. In any case, you do not have to retake it every year, once and you're set for good.

Also, there was no archery portion of my hunter safety course.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Also, is there an Archery proficiency test that is part of field day? If there is an archery proficiency test could someone give me an idea of how the test is done? I found a few Internet forum references about being able to hit an 8 inch paper plate from 20 yards but have not been able to find anything definitive on the DNR web site...

Thanks for any info or pointers to additional references!

I think the proficiency test is only required if you will be hunting Federal sites like Ft Meade and the US Dept of Agriculture's grounds in Beltsville.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    tvblogblush2.jpg

It hadn't occurred to me because I had the MD Hunter Safety course when I was a teenager. If I can't locate any papers in the "estate archives", I'm gonna have to do it again aren't I?

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    tvblogblush2.jpg

It hadn't occurred to me because I had the MD Hunter Safety course when I was a teenager. If I can't locate any papers in the "estate archives", I'm gonna have to do it again aren't I?

NO, you don't have to take it again. Call the DNR and ask for MD Hunter Ed office. If you give them an approximate date and your personal info, they'll re-print your card.

Sorry I don't have the number handy.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads