• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Anyone? I plan to be out tomorrow morning in the rain.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Rain does not deter me from hunting, though I may pick a ground blind in lieu of a stand that day.. lol

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    If I am going to hunt, I hunt in whatever the weather is that day. Sometimes it sucks, but to be outdoors is relaxing.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    i haven't hunted in years.I went out hunting in heavy rain once didn't even see a bird let alone a deer.If I was you i would go,like i said HEAVY RAIN

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Climbing tree stand won't work? That's the only one I have, unless it's better to just sit by a tree on the ground.

They won't work if you plan on not getting wet, but if you don't care Then they work just fine. Make sure that the stand diggs into the tree good cause I guess it will be slippery when wet.

c-03003

Sep 6, 2011
    Fort Washington, MD
    They won't work if you plan on not getting wet, but if you don't care Then they work just fine. Make sure that the stand diggs into the tree good cause I guess it will be slippery when wet.

Thanks for the advice. Getting wet is not a problem, it'll be unseasonably warm tomorrow, so it'll be a little bit uncomfortable (with the wind and rain) but manageable.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    70 degrees tomorrow, rain, and 25+mph wind gusts.......I think ill wait till its back in the low 50s next week. Not saying deer wont move in it tomorrow because they will eventually but a washed away blood trail from a bow shot deer is a no go for me.

OnHoPr

Oct 20, 2013
    SE MI
    Depends on the type of rain and weapon used. For bow, only in the morning if intermittent light or drizzle, maybe in the evening if its clearing (doppler stuff clearing, no radio or tv cast) and then probable tracking string used. With rifle (06 class) any rain, I use a 5x5' piece of plastic or tarp overhead. With muzzle loader, I'll hunt in light rain. With shotgun any rain if buckshot pattern is good enough for a neck shot or big type slug under a 100 yards, but that's about the extent of big slugs generally speaking. Not in hurricanes though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom