• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It is the one over by leisure World on international drive. I filed a complaint online with the OIG. We will see what comes of it.

You talking about the post office on Conn ave?? Just outside the south gate next to KMart? If so and you live near their i live just up the street from that post office you might say , in fact their is a lady who works their in the apartment right below me that I know..or are you talking about the Post office in the strip mall shopping center along Georgia Ave with the Giant ????? 99.9% of the people who live in Leisure World and Bedfort Ct assisted living.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Federal regulations require you declare that your shipment contains a firearm to the shipper

Nothing is to be put on the outside to indicate that the package contains a firearm.

Don't think you did something cool because you said nothing.

You didn't

Noahjm13

Jun 24, 2018
    Both actually the one by leisure world that’s in the strip mall with the giant. And the one on Connecticut. The one in Connecticut was very rude as well. Even the supervisor told me she was to busy to care or read the regulations I printed out for them and highlighted the important parts. I finally drove over to the Veirs Mill post office and they shipped it without any problems. Such a nightmare

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From Title 18 SS 922 statute

(e)  It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to deliver or cause to be delivered to any common or contract carrier for transportation or shipment in interstate or foreign commerce, to persons other than licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors, any package or other container in which there is any firearm or ammunition without written notice to the carrier that such firearm or ammunition is being transported or shipped;  except that any passenger who owns or legally possesses a firearm or ammunition being transported aboard any common or contract carrier for movement with the passenger in interstate or foreign commerce may deliver said firearm or ammunition into the custody of the pilot, captain, conductor or operator of such common or contract carrier for the duration of the trip without violating any of the provisions of this chapter.  No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or other written notice to be placed on the outside of any package, luggage, or other container that such package, luggage, or other container contains a firearm.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Print an take it with you. Take two copies an ask to speak with the PM.

F'ing clerks suck!

432.3 Rifles and Shotguns

Except under 431.2, unloaded rifles and shotguns are mailable. Mailers must comply with the rules and regulations under 27 CFR, Part 478, as well as state and local laws. The mailer may be required by the USPS to establish, by opening the parcel or by written certification, that the rifle or shotgun is unloaded and not ineligible for mailing. The following conditions also apply:
    a.Subject to state, territory, or district regulations, rifles and shotguns may be mailed without restriction when intended for delivery within the same state of mailing. These items must:
    1.Bear a “Return Service Requested” endorsement.
    2.Be mailed using a class of mail, product, or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.
    b.A rifle or shotgun owned by a non-FFL may be mailed outside the owner‘s state of residence by the owner to himself or herself, in care of another person in the other state where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. These mailpieces must:
    1.Be addressed to the owner.
    2.Include the “in the care of” endorsement immediately preceding the name of the applicable temporary custodian.
    3.Be opened by the rifle or shotgun owner only.
    4.Be mailed using a class of mail, product, or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.
    c.Mailing of rifles and shotguns between licensed FFL dealers, manufacturers, or importers are not restricted. The Postal Service recommends that these items be mailed using a class of mail, product, or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.
    d.Rifles and shotguns may be mailed by a non-FFL owner domestically to a FFL dealer, manufacturer, or importer in any state. These items must be mailed using a class of mail, product, or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.
    e.Except as described in 432.3a, licensed curio and relic collectors may mail firearms meeting the definition of curios or relics under 27 CFR 478.11 domestically to licensed FFL curio and relic collectors in any state. These items must be mailed using a class of mail, product, or Extra Service that provides tracking and signature capture at delivery.
    f.Firearms meeting the definition of a rifle or shotgun under 431.4 which are certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum, which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest, may be accepted for mailing without restriction when mailed between governmental museums.
    g.Air guns (see 431.6) that do not fall within the definition of firearms under 431.1a are mailable. A shipment containing an air gun with a muzzle velocity of 400 or more feet per second (fps) must include an adult signature service under DMM 503.8. Mailers must additionally comply with all applicable state and local regulations.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I wouldn't trust the post office with any of my firearms. I would send it Fed Ex and gladly pay the extra $. I sold a few guns on Gunbroker, muzzle loaders, and either told the UPS it was an antique fire arm, which is was, or said it was something besides a firearm. "misc sporting goods" Got to my buyers no problem.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Going forward when this stuff happens gets a name, location, date and time. Start putting these people names out there. Treating people badly can go both ways.

Jk2013

Apr 26, 2016
    Fed Ex 2 day along with a photo copy of drivers license. No where on the address can it say “GUN” Also must be shipped to ffl

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Fed Ex 2 day along with a photo copy of drivers license. No where on the address can it say “GUN†í*½í¸‚ Also must be shipped to ffl

Fed Ex and UPS require either sender on recipient must be an FFL. If you have an FFL 03 you can send to a non FFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I wouldn't trust the post office with any of my firearms. I would send it Fed Ex and gladly pay the extra $. I sold a few guns on Gunbroker, muzzle loaders, and either told the UPS it was an antique fire arm, which is was, or said it was something besides a firearm. "misc sporting goods" Got to my buyers no problem.

tell them they are Ballistic Testing devices.

Antique fly rods/sporting equipment I think I heard before.

DK Firearms

Industry Partner
    Wow! People are out of control.

We ship handguns & lower receivers mostly USPS, everything of course going to an FFL dealer. We also have to fill out additional paperwork for the firearms shipments through the USPS https://about.usps.com/forms/ps1508.pdf

We ship C&R handguns via FedEX since they are not considered a dealer by the usps. We ship almost all long guns via FedEx ground, it is usually a lot cheaper than the post office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom