• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 17, 2009
    Got some new goodies for my rifle,Grip pod and red/green dot sight.Only snapped 2 pics with the cell,more to come?Finally can say I find it attractive haha.
    IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Did someone say Hi-Point? Again? :shrug:

I'm sorry and don't mean to hijack any thread. If it had been within my control I'd never have bought my first Hi-Point, BUT, alas, I couldn't stop at just one :banghead: I have them all.

That's a nice looking 995TS you have there Squirrel Hunter. You'll have some major fun with that. Congrats! If you like how your 9mm carbine shoots (I'll bet you will), you'll like the 4095 and 4595 even better.

The regular members who have been around for a few years have seen my collection pics before, but what the heck...we have newer members who maybe haven't. Here's what getting attracted to Hi-Points will result in. Enjoy: :innocent0

Attachments

• HP Fam.jpg
      HP Fam.jpg
      34.5 KB · Views: 515
    • Hi-Points Three.jpg
      Hi-Points Three.jpg
      68.5 KB · Views: 493
    • HP4595 10_27_10.jpg
      HP4595 10_27_10.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 500
    Feb 17, 2009
    I heard the same about the mags,I'll probably just buy one and see how it works. The grip is a Grip Pod, got it off eBay for $35,funny to think 2 of them at retail price cost as much as the rifle.

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    I've got one of those High Point 995s I bought at the Silverado gunshow back in the late 1990s. I have a question. When viewing the barrel from the muzzle with my bore light in the open action, there seems to be a concentric "ring" around the bore around 6 to 8" down from the muzzle. Someone told me that this is damage from frining the gun with an obstruction in the bore. This has me puzzled because I don't remember ever having an issue with the gun. I've only got about 200 rounds through the thing and I bought it new (actually, I'm thinking about getting rid of it). Is this "ring" a normal part of the rifling?

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    OK can't knock the Hi Point because I have one also, but MDS friends can't let other MDS friends drink Natural Light, come on man! Oh by the way not only is there one foot in that pic but there is a bonus second foot.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    Funny that many bash the 995 as a POS.
    I have fired over 1000 rounds of 9mm and NO MISFIRES.
    The finish is not great on the metal but for the cost what do ya want?

Feb 17, 2009
    OK can't knock the Hi Point because I have one also, but MDS friends can't let other MDS friends drink Natural Light, come on man! Oh by the way not only is there one foot in that pic but there is a bonus second foot.
    Not mine I swear :D its just a box of shims. And those ain't my feet either haha. Everyone I have talked to or know who has one doesn't have a bad word about it.

Feb 17, 2009
    I've got one of those High Point 995s I bought at the Silverado gunshow back in the late 1990s. I have a question. When viewing the barrel from the muzzle with my bore light in the open action, there seems to be a concentric "ring" around the bore around 6 to 8" down from the muzzle. Someone told me that this is damage from frining the gun with an obstruction in the bore. This has me puzzled because I don't remember ever having an issue with the gun. I've only got about 200 rounds through the thing and I bought it new (actually, I'm thinking about getting rid of it). Is this "ring" a normal part of the rifling?
    I just checked mine and I can't see anything like that. Maybe have a gunsmith check it? Or call high point and or send it to them,lifetime warranty for the win!

Last edited:

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    I just checked mine and I can't see anything like that. Maybe have a gunsmith check it? Or call high point and or send it to them,lifetime warranty for the win!

Thanks. I was going to sell it on consignment and when they looked at the bore they found this ring. One guy said he thinks I had a bullet lodged in the bore and fired another one into it. It seems like I would have known it at the time, but I can't remember any such event. I guess it will remain a mystery.

skidmoe77

Aug 6, 2011
    Cumberland
    I just started looking at these carbines this week. I'm really starting to warm up to them. Do they shoot good? Hold a good group? 9mm vs 45acp? I did see that you can get 15 round 9mm mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom