FPC To Challenge MD's Assault Weapon and Magazine Capacity Bans. They need feedback

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dremort

Jun 6, 2018
    Eastern Bloc MD
    Got this email from Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC)

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Maryland residents, FPC needs your help to fight so-called “Assault Weapons” and “high capacity” magazine bans in your State. These firearms and components are protected by the Second Amendment but ironically the Free State refuses to recognize that right. We are seeking to speak with individuals in Maryland who would like to own an “assault weapon” or “high capacity” magazine but cannot due to state laws, especially if you are a woman or new to firearm ownership.

If you or anyone you know would like to lawfully possess a standard configuration semi-auto rifle that is currently prohibited, we need to hear from you immediately. Fill out our hotline form at 2Ahotline.com and be sure to mention the specifics of your situation. We also ask that you forward this email to any of your friends who might meet this criteria.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/hotline

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    If it's a coalition of "hundreds of thousands of Patriots"...why is it no one has heard of them?
    I've heard more from FPC than I have from MSI, simply due to scope. They're fighting battles across the country and have a great networking/social media team.

Not docking MSI in any way btw. I'm a member of MSI, I am not a member of FPC. FPC is making bold statements, I'm hoping they can deliver on them.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Honest question:
    How is supporting this outfit any better than donating to SAF?

I was wondering the same.

The Firearms Policy Coalition was founded in 2013 as an organization aiming to strengthen existing protections for gun owners and oppose legislation that could affect those protections. According to Red Alert Politics, which interviewed the group's founders, the Firearms Policy Coalition was formed to partner with the Second Amendment Foundation, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, CalGuns, and the California Associations of Federal Firearms Licensees. The site reported that the Firearms Policy Coalition would focus on younger gun owners: "FPC’s main focus is to get young people involved in this issue, and it’s using social media to accomplish this goal. The group is focusing on Facebook and Twitter to get out their message to target their young demographic."[5]

https://ballotpedia.org/Firearms_Policy_Coalition

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I am not well enough informed to offer an opinion on which group or groups are most effective on our behalf, however you judge effectiveness.

I caution our community against spreading our resources thinly among too many groups. More of our resources would be spent/wasted on administrative costs, finding common ground among the groups, duplication of effort and other such things that don't help the cause. I'll admit that I don't know much beyond the NRA, MSI and SAF (who get my money), and then throw in GOA and now these guys, we're up to five. How thinly would I like to spread my meager resources?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I am not well enough informed to offer an opinion on which group or groups are most effective on our behalf, however you judge effectiveness.

I caution our community against spreading our resources thinly among too many groups. More of our resources would be spent/wasted on administrative costs, finding common ground among the groups, duplication of effort and other such things that don't help the cause. I'll admit that I don't know much beyond the NRA, MSI and SAF (who get my money), and then throw in GOA and now these guys, we're up to five. How thinly would I like to spread my meager resources?

Yeah, I agree. I’m on board for the first 3 you name. NRA for the political clout, lobbying and drawing the hate of the left and the other two for the most bang for the buck in actually getting things done.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Well,
    I view the mag capacity ban as a additional tax on most all SA handguns.
    Example: I want to purchase a M&P compact 9mm,, it comes with 2) 15 round mags ("Clips" if you are a Democrat)
    When the gun is shipped to my MD FFL, they will remove/destroy the mags, I will receive the gun minus the mags. I will then have to drive to another state and spend $100 to purchase the mags.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Firearms Policy Coalition hired the man (Rob) behind MSI's court case tracking table. They are lining up a football team's worth of cases for SCOTUS attempts now. I think that says a lot about what they are about and how it will help us.

They certainly are putting their money where their mouths are and suing early and often to advance gun rights.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Firearms Policy Coalition hired the man (Rob) behind MSI's court case tracking table. They are lining up a football team's worth of cases for SCOTUS attempts now. I think that says a lot about what they are about and how it will help us.

They certainly are putting their money where their mouths are and suing early and often to advance gun rights.

These are good things to know.

The FPC sounds like the real deal, and it looks like they play nice with the SAF. It's important to me that organizations I support play nice together rather than use a portion of my money to battle each other.

I've started digging deeper into FCP.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Honest question:
    How is supporting this outfit any better than donating to SAF?

I was wondering the same.

The Firearms Policy Coalition was founded in 2013 as an organization aiming to strengthen existing protections for gun owners and oppose legislation that could affect those protections. According to Red Alert Politics, which interviewed the group's founders, the Firearms Policy Coalition was formed to partner with the Second Amendment Foundation, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, CalGuns, and the California Associations of Federal Firearms Licensees. The site reported that the Firearms Policy Coalition would focus on younger gun owners: "FPC’s main focus is to get young people involved in this issue, and it’s using social media to accomplish this goal. The group is focusing on Facebook and Twitter to get out their message to target their young demographic."[5]

https://ballotpedia.org/Firearms_Policy_Coalition
    I guess YouTube and ArfCom heard us all wondering (and/or the gears grinding) because this video just popped up:
    ARFCOM News: How Do 2A Groups Spend Money?

Also, FPC’s social media savvy is the only one of the bunch that resembles that of the opposition.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok . We know what FPC thinks about their cooperation with SAF . What does SAF think ? .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom