• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I saw someone put up their Glock 29 on armslist. I’ve wanted one for awhile. It was a good price, but I’ve never used the website. I trust MD shooters more.

Anyone have any experience with armslist or seen a Glock 29 for sale?

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I have done deals on armslist. You can get scammed but if you are careful, you'll be ok. You'll especially be fine with a pistol since you have to transfer it at an ffl and have an HQL.

I would not do it if someone is shipping it to your FFL though.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Do a face to face sale at your favorite FFL. If the seller won't agree to that, pass on the deal.

Taco

Jan 23, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You’ll know right away if it’s a scam if they aren’t willing to meet in person at FFL. Armslist is full of scams but I’ve bought and sold using it before with no problems other than filtering through the scams. I’ve never had someone not show up at the arranged time. If they seem sketchy when emailing/talking, then I immediately tell them no thanks. It’s worth a shot.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I've done plenty of good transactions on Armslist. Also had plenty try to scam me. Just the fact that you asked this question here tells me that you are wise enough to know the difference if/when it happens to you.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    Lots of scammers, but as long as you stick to ftf sales you'll be fine. I do a lot of deals on armslist.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I operate a gun escrow service, and almost every armslist opportunity turns out to be a scam. Would be buyer contacts me, and then he goes back to the seller and says lets do escrow of the funds, and the seller plays along for a little bit to see if the seller is really serious about the escrow, then the seller bails. Every time. I would either go with gunbroker.com with a dealer who has hundreds or preferably thousands (or more) of positive ratings, or armslist FTF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom