Chinese USB Endscope for bore inspection. It works!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Don't need any special software. It's basically a USB webcam. I use the "camera" app built in to windows 10 (think Windows 8 too). Just search for "usb camera viewer" or something similar. You could probably view it on media player or VLC.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I re-Emailed Support@Teslong.com about the correct software and got a reply this time and the sent me a zip file with "Endoscope Camera" and "Amcap" apps that both worked great on my older XP computer, when I get around to it I will try my WIndows 7 laptop and Tab S3 and see how well they work. So far I'm impressed with how clear the live video is. I will need to get a bench vise to hold the firearms in place while I'm using the bore scope. I think it was worth the $50 bucks, opened a view I did not think I would see and it beats shining a flashlight and looking down a pipe.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Anyone else get the following email from Teslong?
    (Bolded are by me)

Dear Valued Customer,
    Thank you for purchasing our NTG100 rifle borescope! We are grateful that you chose Teslong for your rifle bore inspection needs.

As a professional manufacturer of inspection cameras, the NTG100 Rifle Borescope is our first attempt in the field of firearm inspection. Fortunately, a large number of consumers have now put a great value on our scope after an American shooting friend of ours pointed out the need for a high resolution, but reasonably priced device. We carefully read each comment we receive on Amazon and we follow the message boards on Sniper’s Hide forum. We truly appreciate the encouragement and support we have received with this product and we are committed to further improvement of our rifle borescopes.

As I mentioned above, the inspection of a rifle barrel's interior is a new application for us. While our prior knowledge gained from years of endoscope production was very helpful, the need to downsize, to miniaturize all parts in order for the camera to fit into even a .22 caliber rifle caused some initial parts weakness. We heard of a couple of problems from a few customers during the first batch of sales. These problems are unforgivable on any product, but all those customers have decided to wait for our after-sales and replacement units. We are extremely indebted for your tolerance and understanding as we bring out this brand new product.

We make no excuses for the problems our customers have experienced, and we are committed to customer satisfaction with our products. Below I have listed the common issues our customers have experienced with our borescope and what we are doing to address these issues.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [Problem 1] - When the camera cable is wound too tightly, the wire inside the cable can break.

If you purchased one of the early versions of this rifle borescope, please do not store the borescope in the original storage case. The small case requires you to wind the camera cable too tightly which can damage the internal wiring inside the cable.

To help address this problem we are reinforcing the internal structure of the cable to provide more integrity. We are also switching to a larger case and adding a reminder to the cable indicating that winding the cable too tightly can damage the product.

In addition to these improvements, we have also lengthened the service/replacement period to 36 months. If you experience any issues with your borescope, please send us your Amazon order number with a brief explanation of the problems you have experienced. If necessary, we will send you a replacement borescope.

[Problem 2] - The side-view mirror can fall off.

We are applying a stronger adhesive to the mirror which helps prevent the mirror from coming lose.

To our customers that purchased an early NTG100 Rifle Borescope, we will send you a better mirror by other paper mail. The paper mail will be slow, please wait a few days. If your original mirror does not have a problem, please just keep the new one as a spare part.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you have experienced any problems with one of our products we would like to sincerely apologize. We are committed to your satisfaction and would like the opportunity to make it right!

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to send us an email. We are committed to making a good product and we want to own up to our mistakes.

If you like our product, we would appreciate hearing about your experience on Amazon. The success of our product relies on your feedback and we look forward to reading your review!

We appreciate your business and would like to thank you for choosing Teslong!

Best Regards,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Murphy Wong
    Product Manager
    Teslong Technology Co., Ltd.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Wow that sounds like a first rate customer service response. I wont lump this company in the “Cheap Chinese Crap” bucket.

I’m really waiting for them to release the WiFi version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Wow that sounds like a first rate customer service response. I wont lump this company in the “Cheap Chinese Crap” bucket.

I’m really waiting for them to release the WiFi version.

My thoughts exactly!

Now I need to pull mine out of the box and see how it works.... maybe this weekend.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Received the same email, the original warranty was 18 month which is a lot longer then most products that are normaly 60-90 days or at the most 12 months, While I initially had no response when I sent an email to support@teslong.com I did get a reply later with the help I needed. The only in improvement I would like to see is a move the light adjuster down the cable closer to the camera end and add a knob or someway to make it easier to rotate the camera in the bore rather the rolling the cable between your fingers. Other then that I think it’s a fine product for the cost, does the job and provides the results I’m looking for. :thumbsup:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I picked one up to double check the gas block on my 300blk after I rough guessed it with the spaghetti noodle trick. Looks like spaghetti got it fairly close.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210103-191219_endoscope camera for android.jpg
      Screenshot_20210103-191219_endoscope camera for android.jpg
      35.9 KB · Views: 108

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    Pretty cool! I'm worried if I get one I will find another "thing to do" that just keeps me busy . A few years ago I picked up this same brand Teslong but the more rigid scope wire and handheld LCD view screen for automotive type projects (so I can keep it with the tools, and not dirty up my phone).

Just used it this weekend when we were drilling some walls to mount shelving, and was worried how close some pvc plumbing was, this allowed us to avoid it after an initial hole to peek.

Hadn't thought about using it for the gun, those little mirrors really seem do the trick. Thanks for sharing a recent use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom