• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The way I see it everyone was getting ripped by all of them. Remember, the sky was falling at the time.

The only one that didn't do it was Walmart. As much as people complain about them they should keep that in mind.

^totally agree, and WalMart never had anything in stock. When an ammo shipment arrived, there'd be a line of 6 people deep at the WM ammo counter to buy up what few boxes were delivered.

May 13, 2005
    Sorry Guys,

First post failure..........No link or details............I will do better next time.

This was posted by others in various forums and the demand cleaned them out of stock as of this morning.

So why wasn't it listed on their site last night? Something doesn't add up.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The way I see it everyone was getting ripped by all of them. Remember, the sky was falling at the time.

The only one that didn't do it was Walmart. As much as people complain about them they should keep that in mind.

I got a 6920 at Gun Connection for retail when CTD when selling them for $6000

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I got a 6920 at Gun Connection for retail when CTD when selling them for $6000

CTD might have been listing them for $6000, but I bet they weren't selling any at that price.

Yes, CTD went nuts during the "rush", but so did other online retailers and more than a few local dealers. I watched, in person, as a local FFL ripped the $800 tags off his AKs and declared they were now $1200. And those that didn't jack their prices were quickly out of inventory with little chance of getting more in; thus no future income.

Just because somebody asks $6000 for a $1000 rifle doesn't mean you have to buy it. Shake your head and move along. They'll either sell it to a sucker, lower the price eventually, or eat it. Free market and all.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    CTD might have been listing them for $6000, but I bet they weren't selling any at that price.

Yes, CTD went nuts during the "rush", but so did other online retailers and more than a few local dealers. I watched, in person, as a local FFL ripped the $800 tags off his AKs and declared they were now $1200. And those that didn't jack their prices were quickly out of inventory with little chance of getting more in; thus no future income.

Just because somebody asks $6000 for a $1000 rifle doesn't mean you have to buy it. Shake your head and move along. They'll either sell it to a sucker, lower the price eventually, or eat it. Free market and all.

Just like the $150 Rem 22 Buckets at the Chantilly Show. That same bucket was there 2 or 3 shows in a row. :lol2:

It was good for a laugh.

They raped people on prices. And worse, when people ordered, they would cancel the order ("out of stock"), then re-post with a huge price increase.

They can take a Cheaper Than Dirt Nap as far as I am concerned.

They did it to me...
    1000rds of Wolf 7.62x39 for $225ish, a few days later Sandy Hook happened. They cancelled my order "out of stock" and had the exact same item on sale a few hours later for $499.
    Never again.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    They did it to me...
    1000rds of Wolf 7.62x39 for $225ish, a few days later Sandy Hook happened. They cancelled my order "out of stock" and had the exact same item on sale a few hours later for $499.
    Never again.

Now THAT is wrong on every level. I'd dump them over that myself.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

yuuuuuuuppppp- I know of this type of wrong doing locally as well

A friend of mine went to buy an AR right before the ban hit at a local FFL/ shooting range. When he got there and was ready to buy, the CC machine "quit working". They told him to come back the next day and then proceeded to charge him several hundred dollars more to buy the same gun or else they would sell it to someone else willing...

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air

Nope. Many were not screwing us. Walmart, SGammo, Dan's Ammo, many others.

Cheaper than Diamonds was profiteering. Their right to do so. My right to never, ever do business with them again.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Charging what the market will bear going forewards is just capitalism on turbo boost.

Cancelling existing orders because they can get more for it from a different sucker is Somthing else.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    Weasels. They would have to give stuff away (with free shipping) before they would get my attention.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I feel the same about many of the local FFL's in my area.

^^^THIS. I'm in it for me from now on. I don't know what you FFLs do with my boxes,but it pisses me off to no end when you throw them away. That's MY gun, get it off your Fing rack.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Nope. Many were not screwing us. Walmart, SGammo, Dan's Ammo, many others.

And they had ZERO ammo in stock. Every WM on the shore had no 22, no handgun ammo, and no military-caliber rifle ammo. NONE. All they had was 270 ammo and 12 and 20 gauge shotshells. GM and Dick's in Salisbury were the same. Hell, you couldn't even find .30-30 anywhere. They didn't raise prices and were wiped out, with nothing for us to buy.

So you had WM, GM, Dick's, etc with no ammo to buy. You had CTD and other online shops with ammo in stock but severely marked up. THE ONLY LOSERS WERE THE UNPREPARED! And embarrassingly enough, that included me. Lesson learned.

Full disclaimer: While it may seem like I'm defending CTD and their practices, I've never bought anything from them, before or after this crap. Not because of anything they did or didn't do. They just aren't a place I look to for my needs. I do understand, and endorse, free market principles though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom