• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Electrical Engineer with M.S. and 9 years experience and active clearance

Electrical Engineer with 9 years of work experience looking for employment in the Annapolis/Baltimore/DC region and available immediately. I am currently employed, but am looking for something different as my current job is not enough to keep me engaged. I have a B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering and a background in RF, electromagnetics, propagation, antennas, prototyping, measurement, microscopy, fabrication, and more. I use Matlab and Python on a regular basis if not daily. I am pretty good with CAD, but do not have experience doing formal drawings.

I am interested in branching out and doing new things. Feel free to ping me if you have something.

ETA: Forgot to mention I have an active security clearance.

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Have you seen all the job openings at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab in So Howard County?

After you get established there you can hire me when I retire from my current workplace ;)

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I have applied for a few positions there. There are certainly some things that sound interesting.

Tnt9506

Feb 27, 2016
    Poolesville
    I work for Meggitt formerly known as Wilcoxon Research specializing in piezoelectric accelerometers. I think we just filled our last E.E. position not too long ago but I think they do keep an eye out for new potential.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Thought I had that in there. Active TS.

I have to admit I would need to learn a lot of things to fit in to that role. If I were coming in junior to somebody and learning as I go, possibly. I am definitely interested though.
    We have an awesome team, go out of our way to not set up team members for failure:) we support each other with plenty of SMEs' (subject matter experts) :)

Have done any schematic capture in cad?

Check your PM.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I have done some Eagle, but nothing terrible complicated and not recently. I generally make micro-strip antennas, and I've found it much easier to just draw things in Rhino.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'd apply to NAVAIR at Pax River, and every aerospace & defense contractor in the region.

raider80

Nov 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Have you looked in Utility sector? Not the most cutting edge but as a sector looking for engineers most work revolves around implementation ie probject managment. I know my company also pays 100% school up front I'd your intrested in PhD or getting your PE.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Electrical Engineer with 9 years of work experience looking for employment in the Annapolis/Baltimore/DC region and available immediately. I am currently employed, but am looking for something different as my current job is not enough to keep me engaged. I have a B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering and a background in RF, electromagnetics, propagation, antennas, prototyping, measurement, microscopy, fabrication, and more. I use Matlab and Python on a regular basis if not daily. I am pretty good with CAD, but do not have experience doing formal drawings.

I am interested in branching out and doing new things. Feel free to ping me if you have something.

ETA: Forgot to mention I have an active security clearance.

Are you still looking? My neighbor is director for General Dynamics I believe and works on radars for the new fighter planes. I could send him your resume if you like?

Charles works in Baltimore

Jason

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    If it's anything like Hopkins the hospital...the employer is terrible. I hope that is not the case because the hospital treats their doctors very, very badly. I would ask around before applying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom