Any good deer processors in the Catonsville/Ellicott City/Columbia area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I also forgot the name of the one on Rt 328 just before the Tuckahoe River on the right hand side of the road. They have a big tractor tire half buried in the ground with their name on it. I had a deer done at both last year with no complaints

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hey, silly question, how long is the turn around on a professor usually? I forgot to ask and feeling a little embarrassed to call and ask. Dropped a buck off at M&G Saturday night for processing and skull cap mount. First time I got a deer. Are we talking a day or two? Or more like a week?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That was kind of what I was thinking. I don't know about what might have come in when, but mine was roughly number 30-40 dropped off by 8:30pm on Saturday. Anxious to get the antlers back and worried I screw field dressing my first deer (no punctures, but I did spill maybe half an ounce of green mush out of the esophagus when I cut it since I didn't pinch it shut first :( )

Cool weather and the deer was in the freezer within about 2hrs of killing him. Still new to all this. I assume it is fine.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    That was kind of what I was thinking. I don't know about what might have come in when, but mine was roughly number 30-40 dropped off by 8:30pm on Saturday. Anxious to get the antlers back and worried I screw field dressing my first deer (no punctures, but I did spill maybe half an ounce of green mush out of the esophagus when I cut it since I didn't pinch it shut first :( )

Cool weather and the deer was in the freezer within about 2hrs of killing him. Still new to all this. I assume it is fine.

I'd say a week for regular processing (just butchering) this time of year. If you requested a skull cap mount it could be longer, I would ask. I would not worry about a small amount of spillage, it happens. If course, spillage never happens and hunters never lie. ;)

Congrats on your first deer.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks!

And I don't know what you are talking about, I mean, I let his big brother go because I felt bad about shooting a 12 point 250+lb monster. Is rack was thisssss big. But it didn't seem right. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom