• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    G&R Tactical started the following thread (on another forum), if it is happening, shame on you if you aren't stocked.

Panic buying in 3, 2, 1

This has started. How long it will last depends on how hard the POTUS pushes. Several ammo distributors have advised us that they have sold out of 9mm and 40. Interesting….

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know it was time to start hording ammo again.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    "You might be a dummy if.... you panic buy something from someone who stands to profit from panic buying and who just told you that you need to buy before the panic buying starts."

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yeah, I would wait for Democratic debates next week to see how long they spend on gun control. O'Malley will mostly focusing on the availability of hand guns and semi-automatic rifles - and restricting citizen's ability to buy them. Clinton will talk about restricting private sales of firearms through federal intervention via an executive action. Jim Webb might actually also get to say something intelligent about the stupidity of so-called Gun Free Zones.

If they spend a substantial part of the debate on gun control, and the media focuses on it afterwards, I would expect an uptick in gun sales.

The bigger driver will be Obama who has essentially said that he is not afraid to use further executive action to enact new gun control. Maybe he will float some ideas soon, but I would be very concerned about what he might do in the final few months of his term after the November 2016 election, especially if a Democrat wins the Presidency. In this circumstance, Obama can do something politically unpopular and extreme and the next President can leave things in place (to "try them out") without catching any direct heat.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    gonna go hug all my perfecta, and thank walmart. Screw your panic buying, I have more of ALL 17 of my calibers than I ever have in my life.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    i don't think panic buying is happening.

all of the typical online stores have the same pricing they have had the past 2 weeks (some even have sales :))

i see no shortage of 9mm for 24cpr or less, 45 ACP for 36cpr or less and 224/556 for 33cpr.

22lr has been a crapshoot online for the last 2 years +

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Sgammo site says they won't ship for two days due to 'High order volume". So I guess there is some panic. I'm still broke and tired from the last run on guns so I think I'll sit this one out.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    .22 is still a mystery to me.
    It comes back some but never all the way back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom