• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    $305 is a great price. I have a 9mm sub2k in Glock and IIRC all the non-glock models (sig, s&w, beretta) can be configured to take the others magazines. The Beretta mag versions can be swapped to take S&W mags, visa-versa, etc. Just the Glock mag version is unique. Don't know if that extends to the .40 or not. So if you have a Sig or S&W and want one, might want to look into what it takes to convert this one.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My understanding is that the mag catch swap situation is the same as the 9mm version. FWIW, I did the mag catch swap on mine, and it was pretty easy.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I recently looked on Keltec site and I can't find any mag catch conversions for a .40 cal.
    Anybody know where they might be found? Say, from a Beretta 96 to a S&W or a Sig.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You can swap the mag catch on the Sig, beretta and S&w guns. The Glock guns are different grips.

Keltec has never listed the parts but they shipped them free to the one person who I know did this.

I rolled the dice and ordered one as I need to convey it to sig 226. It's cheap enough to take a chance.

We will see if it actually gets delivered.

Love my 9mm version.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    .40 cal really brings the whole pistol caliber carbine concept to life.

I've told this story maybe ten times now on this forum, but I used to have a Ruger Police Carbine in .40 that was one of my all time favorite rifles.

You could take hogs with that rifle, it was no joke. It was also accurate enough to be able to shoot rabbits for the pot, and .40 was cheap enough back then that a couple of bulk packs did not set you back too much more than a brick or two of .22 LR.

9mm has always seemed like such a waste for a PCC. The .40 has enough behind it to do some real damage, really gives the rifle some teeth.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    .40 cal really brings the whole pistol caliber carbine concept to life.

I've told this story maybe ten times now on this forum, but I used to have a Ruger Police Carbine in .40 that was one of my all time favorite rifles.

You could take hogs with that rifle, it was no joke. It was also accurate enough to be able to shoot rabbits for the pot, and .40 was cheap enough back then that a couple of bulk packs did not set you back too much more than a brick or two of .22 LR.

9mm has always seemed like such a waste for a PCC. The .40 has enough behind it to do some real damage, really gives the rifle some teeth.

Thats always been my thought, though the Sub2000/9 is good enough to snag rabbits at 75 yards easily. Wouldnt want to try to take a hog with it.

Always hoped they would make these in .357 sig and .45, that would open some doors but not sure the action is strong enough.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Thats always been my thought, though the Sub2000/9 is good enough to snag rabbits at 75 yards easily. Wouldnt want to try to take a hog with it.

Always hoped they would make these in .357 sig and .45, that would open some doors but not sure the action is strong enough.

.45 ACP actually doesn't work as well as you think in pistol caliber carbines. It's not very flat shooting, and has a poor ballistic coefficient.

.357 SIG on the other hand... Although I've never had the chance to try a PCC in this caliber, I feel like it would be dynamite.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    .45 ACP actually doesn't work as well as you think in pistol caliber carbines. It's not very flat shooting, and has a poor ballistic coefficient.

.357 SIG on the other hand... Although I've never had the chance to try a PCC in this caliber, I feel like it would be dynamite.

That is a very good point. Id love one in .357, since I am using a 226 for both and the mags swing both ways.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its at my FFL, kudos to KYGunCo. Shipping was a little slow but isnt everyones these days?

Second kudos to Keltec, emailed them and they are sending me the Sig mag latch in the mail gratis........... And quickly.

For those of us worried about getting a fit with our handgun, the Beretta, Sig and S&W mag wells are all the same. Glock will always be glock.

THanks for flaging this GutShootEm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom