• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericgunn

Feb 21, 2013
    I use Remington Gun oil. I also use the synthetic lube for trigger components and slide.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Very little oil. Only use Armor All if you want to test the drop safety.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Actually, Armorall would be the worst possible thing to put on a GLOCK! It actually breaks down the plastic. Notice old dashes that have used it for years. All kidding aside, please don't put that on the plastic.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    after shooting,

disassemple... Wash all parts under the sink with hot water. Wash the barrel as well.
    shake out excess water and air dry. hair dryer works. Very light coat of bacon grease or lard on moving parts. You can use your favorite gunoil.. my glocks likes smithfield hickory smoked bacon grease or mobil one oil.

Skip the Armoral. Shiny slippery Glocks scream newbie.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    after shooting,

disassemple... Wash all parts under the sink with hot water. Wash the barrel as well.
    shake out excess water and air dry. hair dryer works. Very light coat of bacon grease or lard on moving parts. You can use your favorite gunoil.. my glocks likes smithfield hickory smoked bacon grease or mobil one oil.

Skip the Armoral. Shiny slippery Glocks scream newbie.

I bet that is a wonderful aroma after a box of ammo. I would need to keep jerky with me or eat a mag.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Question about armor all and Geelocks. If I lube the outside of non drop free mags do they become drop free?

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    flip_over_desk.jpg

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I bet that is a wonderful aroma after a box of ammo. I would need to keep jerky with me or eat a mag.

I used bacon grease on a AWC abraxas suppressor as an Ablatant Beats axle grease anytime. Plus, it smells like breakfast. I'm going to mix in maple syrup for that distinct IHOP smell.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Like most firearms, the G17 comes with a manual. If you do not have one, you can get one online for free. It discusses servicing. The manufacture's recommendations on maintenance is where to get the best information. Glock's metal treatments provide exceptional corrosion resistance and it is a gun that prefers to be on the light side of lube. Excessive lubrication can lead to some issues.

For cleaning, you want to use a solvent designed for guns with a nylon toothbrush and nylon/copper bore brush and brass jag for patches. There are many good ones. For lubrication, you want to use a lubricant designed for guns. Some of the newer products have many attractive characteristics over the older petrol products. Eezox is one...and as a dry lubricant, it is very well-suited for use with Glocks. Using a product designed for cleaning cars is quite a gamble. In the case of Armorall, as soon as the gun gets hot it is going to burn off the lube leaving the gun fouled up and running dry...which is a common issue with some gun oils.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I just got a Glock 17, should I use gun oil or Armor All?

Breakfree CLP. Six drops (total) needed.

I know of one agency that recommends cleaning Glocks with "Simple Green" and water.
    Clean. Rinse. Thoroughly dry. Lube.

No. That is no joke.

Personally, I don't let water get into my Glocks.

Clean with Hoppe's #9. Wipe clean.
    Lube with CLP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom