• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Cease fire means exactly that. It is not a request; it is a command to CEASE FIRE IMMEDIATELY, regardless of who called it.

Doesn’t matter what your opinion is or if you see no reason for the cease fire; you CEASE FIRE and make your weapons safe. Then you find out the reason for it.

Cold range is a request. Cease fire is a command. It’s simple.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Cease fire means exactly that. It is not a request; it is a command to CEASE FIRE IMMEDIATELY, regardless of who called it.

Doesn’t matter what your opinion is or if you see no reason for the cease fire; you CEASE FIRE and make your weapons safe. Then you find out the reason for it.

Cold range is a request. Cease fire is a command. It’s simple.

This is where we differ. To me, "cold range" is a description, used AFTER a cease fire.

OP: Thank you for articulating your concern in such detail. While there are always at least two sides to every story, there is absolutely no debating that at the AGC, everyone/anyone has the right to call a cease fire and to do it for any reason and that everyone is expected to abide by it. If there is a disagreement over the timing or frequency of cease fires solely to reset targets, then the badge holders should attempt to resolve it amongst themselves in an adult like manner.

At no time is it acceptable for anyone's demeanor to become abrasive, condescending, argumentative, or otherwise obtuse. If this ever happens, then it is the responsibility of the on duty RSO to intervene. In short, assholes have no place at the AGC and they need to be identified/removed. It doesn't even matter if they turn out to be on the right side of the argument.

Danb. I'm not sure what your issue is or why you feel the need to opine on all things AGC. As I understand it, you don't belong to an associated club, nor do you buy a range badge. Your opinions/comments about the AGC always seem to go against the grain, and never have an ounce of merit. You obviously have some sort of an axe to grind and/or are suffering from a mental disturbance in your own head. Either way, your behavior is pitiful and I pray that you are able to find peace one day; you clearly don't have it now. Until then, do yourself and everyone at the AGC a favor by not coming around. We don't need your kind to buy a range badge, participate in public trap, and especially not to be playing with real guns on the action shooting bays.

Gbender- I'm not sure if you're aware, but Megarms is a match director at AGC, which means he is pretty high on the food chain there. His comments above hold a lot of weight in my eyes.
    Bottom line, just about everyone is on your side here and a lot of good discussion took place about range safety.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is where we differ. To me, "cold range" is a description, used AFTER a cease fire.
    When shooters are requesting a cold range, they communicate to all the other shooters "can we go cold?" or "we're going to go cold shortly" or something to that effect.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I'm a Buddhist, a Stoic, and believe in the NAP. And I would have had an internal moral struggle to keep me from hitting him in the ****ing teeth. People can get killed by assholes like that.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I'm a Buddhist, a Stoic, and believe in the NAP. And I would have had an internal moral struggle to keep me from hitting him in the ****ing teeth. People can get killed by assholes like that.

Yeah. I have been wanting to post that that c*cksucker should’ve been punched in the mouth, after it was clear that he was selfishly disregarding the cease fire.

Assholes should be treated as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    For Chicken etc.
    1 ½ cup medium grain rice washed
    4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
    4 chicken drumsticks
    Olive oil
    6 oz bulk Chorizo sausage no casings
    1 large green bell pepper cored, chopped
    1 medium red onion peeled, chopped
    2 garlic cloves peeled, crushed
    1 large ripe tomato chopped
    3 tbsp tomato paste
    3 cups chicken broth
    For Spice Rub
    1 tbsp smoked paprika
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    ½ tsp cayenne pepper more or less to your liking (optional)
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Soak the rice in water. Rinse the rice well and place it in a bowl. Cover the rice with water and allow it to soak for 15 minutes while you work on other things. You should be able to break a grain of rice easily. Drain well.
    Make the spice rub. In a small bowl, mix the spices, salt and pepper.
    Season the chicken. Pat the chicken dry and season with the spice rub, be sure to lift the chicken skins and apply some of the spice rub underneath (this is important for flavor).
    Brown the chicken on both sides. In a 5-quart braiser pan (or a large deep skillet with a cover), heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Carefully add the chicken and brown deeply on both sides. Remove the chicken and set it aside on a plate for now.
    Cook chorizo and vegetables. In the same pan, add the chorizo. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the chorizo has nicely browned. Add the green peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes.
    Cook the chicken. Now add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Add the browned chicken back to the pan. Raise the heat to bring the liquid to a boil, then lower to medium and cover. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
    Add the rice and cook the rice with the chicken. Uncover the pan and remove the chicken briefly (set on a dish near the stove for now). Stir the drained rice into the cooking liquid. Cook uncovered over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken back on top of the rice. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan again and cook the rice and chicken together for another 20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
    Let the chicken and rice rest in the pan. Turn the heat off, but leave the pan covered and undisturbed for 10 more minutes. Serve hot.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    For Chicken etc.
    4 chicken drumsticks
    Olive oil
    3 tbsp tomato paste
    3 cups chicken broth
    For Spice Rub
    1 tbsp smoked paprika
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Soak the rice in water. Rinse the rice well and place it in a bowl. Cover the rice with water and allow it to soak for 15 minutes while you work on other things. You should be able to break a grain of rice easily. Drain well.
    Season the chicken. Pat the chicken dry and season with the spice rub, be sure to lift the chicken skins and apply some of the spice rub underneath (this is important for flavor).
    Brown the chicken on both sides. In a 5-quart braiser pan (or a large deep skillet with a cover), heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Carefully add the chicken and brown deeply on both sides. Remove the chicken and set it aside on a plate for now.
    Cook chorizo and vegetables. In the same pan, add the chorizo. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the chorizo has nicely browned. Add the green peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes.
    Cook the chicken. Now add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Add the browned chicken back to the pan. Raise the heat to bring the liquid to a boil, then lower to medium and cover. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
    Add the rice and cook the rice with the chicken. Uncover the pan and remove the chicken briefly (set on a dish near the stove for now). Stir the drained rice into the cooking liquid. Cook uncovered over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken back on top of the rice. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan again and cook the rice and chicken together for another 20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
    Let the chicken and rice rest in the pan. Turn the heat off, but leave the pan covered and undisturbed for 10 more minutes. Serve hot.

Going out on a limb here but I think this is in the wrong thread. Sounds tasty though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    For Chicken etc.
    4 chicken drumsticks
    Olive oil
    3 tbsp tomato paste
    3 cups chicken broth
    For Spice Rub
    1 tbsp smoked paprika
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    INSTRUCTIONS

Going out on a limb here but I think this is in the wrong thread. Sounds tasty though!

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

ParaFan

Dec 9, 2018
    He probably voted for biden.
    This kind of comment doesn't belong here. I could just as well say "Sounds like a Trump voter," you know, the snowflakes who bitch and moan over wearing a mask and don't want ANYONE telling them what to do?

In my opinion, you should take your political commentary elsewhere. Such as one of the Facebook Qanon groups. And just for your information, not all Biden voters are anti-gun.

gcwood

Continental Soldier
    Jun 26, 2013
    Cease Fire Infraction

Definitely report him to the RSO. If you still are able to report him do so and save a life. He should not have a weapon and CERTAINLY shouldn’t be teaching!!

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Why was everyone else just standing there and not backing you up? This was a clear safety violation and everyone should have told him secure the weapon. Guys we have to stop shying away from confrontation. The guy should have also been told to pack up his s^*+, take his wife and leave. Also YES you go get the RSO. The RSOs I remember at AGC didn’t screw around.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Gbender- I'm not sure if you're aware, but Megarms is a match director at AGC, which means he is pretty high on the food chain there. His comments above hold a lot of weight in my eyes.
    Bottom line, just about everyone is on your side here and a lot of good discussion took place about range safety.

Thanks for chiming in, guys; I'll make sure to be more assertive and get a RSO next time. As for folks wondering why no one else said anything to the guy, I think a lot of them might have been guests or new members, themselves, so maybe they were hesitant because of that?

This kind of comment doesn't belong here. I could just as well say "Sounds like a Trump voter," you know, the snowflakes who bitch and moan over wearing a mask and don't want ANYONE telling them what to do?

In my opinion, you should take your political commentary elsewhere. Such as one of the Facebook Qanon groups. And just for your information, not all Biden voters are anti-gun.

Really? That's your first post? Please tell me you didn't join the forum just to rebut that comment... although judging from the threads you've responded to thus far, I fear that might've been the case. It was a joke; perhaps in poor taste, but a joke nonetheless.

Also, I hate to break it to you, man, but... Given what Joe has stated his intentions for the 2nd Amendment are? I don't know how anyone can be pro-gun, or at least for anything beyond double-barrels and bolt-actions, and have voted for Biden. You can maybe be a Biden supporter and maybe not be anti-gun, but not a Biden voter and pro-gun.

Putting all semi-automatics and magazines over 10 rounds under the NFA and charging a $200 tax stamp per item is not "pro-gun". I'm guessing if you are truly pro-gun and one of his supporters, that perhaps you didn't know about that part; he made sure to keep it very quiet once the NICS stats started exploding with the rioting going on.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III

So you voted for ole shotgun Joe, eh?

Carter McCoy

High Standard K-1200
    Jul 7, 2020
    Crofton
    I read the first two pages but not all twelve pages of this thread, so maybe this has already been covered. I scanned the AGC Regulations for 'Cease', 'Cold' and 'Call' and got these limited hits:

Anyone can call “CEASE FIRE” if someone sees or hears something unsafe
    (squib load is heard, or a deer runs across the field, etc.). If “CEASE FIRE” is
    called, the Safety Officer is to stop all shooting, assess the situation, and respond
    accordingly.

No handling of firearms during a CEASE FIRE or when range/bay is COLD.

I go to AGC frequently. They have no sign in, you can show up and wonder about from range to range at will. I use the Wobble Trap to shoot clays and the RSO's aren't typically there, they rely on the shooter to call in on the phone to notify them that there is someone using the clay range.

I understand everyone's various opinions here, but personally if I ever hear 'Cease Fire' I would stop/cease immediately. It is common sense, isn't it?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

We have a site staff, thank you very much. We'll determine what "belongs" here and what doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom