• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Having represented thousands of people who have been arrested I know that for first timers being arrested and especially being cuffed is a lot worse than most people would imagine.

I can imagine it being very, very, very bad, even for somebody that is guilty of the crime. Very hard to wrap my mind around silver bracelets for a crime that was not actually committed. It has lead to nightmares. Just the couple of times I've been charged with something I did not do was terrible enough, and that was merely a citation with no jewelry.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Arrest, handcuff, file additional charges... then drop all with a flippant apology. "No harm!"

If they can do it once, they can do it again and again, with any one who annoys them.

They can intimidate political activists with handcuffs, until none dare challenge the dictates of the rulers. They can handcuff political opponents, until none dare oppose their permanent lock on political office.

They can do this to ANY ONE, anytime, anywhere, on a whim, and three days later they can drop the charges and apologize for the misunderstanding, congratulating themselves as preservers of human rights and defenders of human dignity.

Nice little scam they're trying to put over.

It will not stand.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I do. I respect them 10 times more now. They have the courage of their convictions.

Better men you will not find.

It would be great if some drummers like this showed up on Monday.

Attachments

• 13923A0F-13DB-41D8-9BBA-04765338B7E3.jpeg
      13923A0F-13DB-41D8-9BBA-04765338B7E3.jpeg
      106.3 KB · Views: 397

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Hey, Legal Eagles.

Does the dropping of the charges mean the arrests never took place?

Meaning the arrests are out of Maryland's database.

IANAL but I think the arrest will automatically be expunged after 60 days. Page 1 on linked PDF document below. This is new as of 10/17 and is great news because if they would have had to file for an expungement prior to 3 years passing, they would have to sign a General Release Waiver that would forever release Maryland from any liability. There's a lot more legal to this, have to file intent within 6 months, etc as well.

Costs can be recouped through the Maryland Treasurer Department, form linked below, if a lawsuit isn't in the works. Lawsuits are a LOT more involved than most people could ever imagine. Anyone ever threaten you with a lawsuit, laugh at them- nobody that's ever been in one would ever say that, even if they end up suing you anyone serious knows not to say that.

Obviously FOIA requests of The Criminal Investigation Report and all related documents pertinent to arrest report, any and all audio/radio recordings and radio logs of the arrest, copies of any an all electronic communications and reports sent to or received from, (informal or formal) referencing this arrest or and pending actions related to this arrests to include, but not limited to the following persons; 1. Sgt Pope, (insert others involved) 2. Any supervisor, Corporal or (insert rank) of Sgt Pope (insert others involved) 3. The Commander, Assistant Commander or Detective Sergeant (insert rank, not sure their command structure) assigned that day 4. Any member of the Division or Administrative Services Bureau to include, but not limited to; (insert chain of command all the way to the top) 5. Any member of the Criminal Investigation Bureau to include but not limited to; (run up the ranks) 6. Any member of the (insert Bureau) to include, but not limited to (run up the ranks), 7. Any member of the governor’s staff. Copies of any daily commander’s reports, weekly commander’s report, daily, weekly or monthly briefings reports related to this incident. Copies of any detailed reports or informal communications or notes related to this arrest.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjACegQIExAB&usg=AOvVaw3N_pQ3EZqquxBP2AQ990vB

http://www.treasurer.state.md.us/media/13153/notice_of_claim_form.pdf

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Arrest, handcuff, file additional charges... then drop all with a flippant apology. "No harm!"

If they can do it once, they can do it again and again, with any one who annoys them.

They can intimidate political activists with handcuffs, until none dare challenge the dictates of the rulers. They can handcuff political opponents, until none dare oppose their permanent lock on political office.

They can do this to ANY ONE, anytime, anywhere, on a whim, and three days later they can drop the charges and apologize for the misunderstanding, congratulating themselves as preservers of human rights and defenders of human dignity.

It will not stand.

The right to be left alone is indeed the beginning of all freedoms.
    - Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland

It will not stand.

Uuummm, this has been the MO for people in power for a long time. Many prominent protesters have spent time in jail. Dr. King comes to mind.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Fool me once; shame on you.

Fool me twice....well, that crap just ain't gonna happen...

That gave me a really good chuckle. Also, it's a no-nonsense statement of the truth.

I certainly have thoughts and hopes for how this all washes out legally but it sounds like our guys have more than adequate legal advice and representation, and I know they both have good heads on their shoulders. So, I'll just hold my thoughts, watch the progress and let it be known I'm ready to provide support as best I can.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Trolleys stop running or run infrequently in the evenings

Even during daytime hours day 9-10am, it can take an hour to get from the navy stadium to lawyers mall by trolley. And that's on non major event days.

We will likely encourage attendees to forgo the trolly/shuttles and just hike in. It’s not that far a hike.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Uuummm, this has been the MO for people in power for a long time. Many prominent protesters have spent time in jail. Dr. King comes to mind.

Exactly.

And again and again the Supreme Court has ruled that it's all okay, as long as they drop charges within a week or two. Government can arrest, handcuff, add additional charges... then a few days later say, "Just kidding!" Intimidation? Poppycock! A chilling effect on the free exercise of civil rights? Don't be a fuddy duddy! They dropped the charges, didn't they?

Have I got that right? Isn't that in the penumbra of Plessy versus the Board of Education or something?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That’s what 1983 lawsuits are for. No more shrugging their shoulders. This should hit them in the pocketbook personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    We will likely encourage attendees to forgo the trolly/shuttles and just hike in. It’s not that far a hike.

It really is an easy ten or fifteen minute walk from the Stadium. I've walked it many times. I usually don't bother with the trolley.

Does anyone know if Stadium parking is free after 6:00 PM? It's $5 during the day.

Here's the walking route from the Stadium to our Picket site. It says it's 1.2 miles either way. I recommend the main road, Rowe Blvd. across the bridge. The alternate takes you through a sketchy low income neighborhood.

Attachments

• Screenshot (12).jpg
      Screenshot (12).jpg
      60.9 KB · Views: 657

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I would like to welcome the 121 guest and say happy Friday to all the members here at MDS , it is good to be here learning about firearm safety and a brother & sisterhood that is un-matched . We are family

For our visitors have a great weekend and enjoy our forum and the information within the pages .

Indeed. Note that everyone here is against the wrongful use of firearms. We are not wating for a chance to use our guns to kill someone. Taking someones life is the last thing that anyone wants to do. The issue is, sometimes circumstances dictate that is the most prudent course of action.

Where we and the moms disagree is on what to do about criminal use of firearms. Criminals will always have guns, just like junkies will always be able to get heroin. So the question is, what will law abiding citizens have? All I'm asking for is an equal chance. I'll create my own safe space, thank you. People who seek concealed carry permits are among the most law abiding people there are. If you don't believe me, google "concealed carry permit holder vs police crime rate". It is an eye opener.

Lastly, let me point out that Maryland already has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, yet Baltimore leads the nation in per capita homicides. Why? Some say it is because criminals get their guns from other states with lax laws. If guns are easy to get in other states why aren't the crimes committed there? The problem is that liberal politicians and judges in this state have worked to create a policy that amounts to catch and release. The man who murdered 3 people, I think it was last january, at a granite shop and then in Delaware, had been arrested 17 times for some pretty serious crimes, yet he was out on the streets. What Maryland needs is crime control, not gun control.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Indeed. Note that everyone here is against the wrongful use of firearms. We are not wating for a chance to use our guns to kill someone. Taking someones life is the last thing that anyone wants to do. The issue is, sometimes circumstances dictate that is the most prudent course of action.

Where we and the moms disagree is on what to do about criminal use of firearms. Criminals will always have guns, just like junkies will always be able to get heroin. So the question is, what will law abiding citizens have? All I'm asking for is an equal chance. I'll create my own safe space, thank you. People who seek concealed carry permits are among the most law abiding people there are. If you don't believe me, google "concealed carry permit holder vs police crime rate". It is an eye opener.

Lastly, let me point out that Maryland already has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, yet Baltimore leads the nation in per capita homicides. Why? Some say it is because criminals get their guns from other states with lax laws. If guns are easy to get in other states why aren't the crimes committed there? The problem is that liberal politicians and judges in this state have worked to create a policy that amounts to catch and release. The man who murdered 3 people, I think it was last january, at a granite shop and then in Delaware, had been arrested 17 times for some pretty serious crimes, yet he was out on the streets. What Maryland needs is crime control, not gun control.
    Truth.

Well put.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads