• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Understood. I was addressing a few of our other learned colleagues here. The fear is nauseating and contagious.

The cure to fear is preparedness. If someone is afraid of actions against legal ARs, stuff the paperwork to prove its legality in your rifle case and don't worry about it. There is a great Hebrew proverb that addresses this, "The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion." (Proverbs 28:1)
    If you have done nothing wrong, don't be afraid. Practically, if you are afraid and you get pulled over while legally transporting a legal firearm, your fear will raise red flags in the eyes of attentive police officers, even if you think you're not giving off fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The cure to fear is preparedness. If someone is afraid of actions against legal ARs, stuff the paperwork to prove its legality in your rifle case and don't worry about it. There is a great Hebrew proverb that addresses this, "The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion." (Proverbs 28:1)
    If you have done nothing wrong, don't be afraid. Practically, if you are afraid and you get pulled over while legally transporting a legal firearm, your fear will raise red flags in the eyes of attentive police officers, even if you think you're not giving off fear.

Very well stated sir! :beer:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

The MGOS fear comes from not knowing if you are doing something wrong. I definitely get it. With the ease of MD making one into a prohibited person, the stakes are pretty high.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The MGOS fear comes from not knowing if you are doing something wrong. I definitely get it. With the ease of MD making one into a prohibited person, the stakes are pretty high.

To add, I would never risk an other's feedom. Never.

My hope is our son doesnt return to MD if he decides to get out of the Military then it will be a moot point :party29:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County

I get that. Taking reasonable care and making smart choices can avoid most situations, but nothing is, pardon the pun, bulletproof.
    If someone is concerned to the point of fear, then that person needs to remember that the point of a sporting rifle is for sport. Sport is supposed to be fun. If you can't have fun because of fear of your 5.56/.223 AR landing you in jail, then get one in a different caliber, use ten round magazines and have fun.

cougar70

Jan 15, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Understood. I was addressing a few of our other learned colleagues here. The fear is nauseating and contagious.

I think it's a combination of not wanting to deal with an overzealous police officer taking a legal firearm away.

Along with being a law abiding citizen by following the law, when we don't know what the law is really saying because it's so ambiguous and poorly written.

Just my 2 cents....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom