• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I couldn't get a good picture, but trust me- this was a monster 10 point within a few blocks of MSP HQ.
    I don't know why my MDS uploads are now rotated 90*. This is new.

Attachments

• 20161015_175940.jpg
      20161015_175940.jpg
      47.7 KB · Views: 689

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I uploaded the pic from my computer. It was correct there. I even tried to rotate the pic on my computer to compensate for MDS to no avail.

Because the native data from the phone remains imbedded. The vBulletin software looks for the imbedded data for the orientation.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The cemetery across the way there is always good for some large sized bucks. They are fairly active between 2-3 AM in that area.

Surprising for the area.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    So long as you get him before the rut...even then it might be hit or miss depending on his age. You either get a nice rack or tender meat...rarely is it both. If you get a huge racked animal typically its meat isnt that great...at least with my experience.

100% agree :thumbsup:
    Give me a nice young deer any day, the only thing those antlers are good for is stirring the gravy.
    Don't get me wrong, I won't pass a wall hanger, but 99% of it will go to jerky or burger.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    100% agree :thumbsup:
    Give me a nice young deer any day, the only thing those antlers are good for is stirring the gravy.
    Don't get me wrong, I won't pass a wall hanger, but 99% of it will go to jerky or burger.

Exactly! Ive know guys to just antler hunt which is great, but I like to fill my freezer too. It does me no good to get a rutted up buck thats old and gamey. I'd prob give away the meat so at least someone would use it...some people cant tell or dont care. I like a nice 2.5 to 3.5yr old deer for quantity and if you get it before the rut it usually is good eating around here and a yearling deer for tenderness ;) only bad side to getting a yearling is it doesnt have much meat yet.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Totally agree on the meat vs trophy comments. I've not killed a well antlered buck yet but have eaten the meat off of one. It definitely tastes a little stronger and is best consumed as sausage or jerky. I actually bought a very nice meat grinder/sausage machine last year and had success making deer sausage. The best venison I've ever had came from a one-year old (or maybe younger) deer my friend took. It was the first deer he ever shot and when he got down form his stand and realized it was smaller than he thought, he felt a little uncomfortable about killing a "baby." He got over it once we tasted the tenderloins. We called it venison veal. The meat was much lighter than mature venison and was so tender that it was almost like eating a scallop. The other-other white meat, indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom