• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    So Ive decided to try and weed down my collection a bit and primarily focus on one caliber/platform. I currently have 2 different 1911s and while I love the look and collectability, I just personally dont enjoy shooting them very much. So I am going to sell both of my 45 1911's in favor of a single 45 to take their place, which I fully intend to be my one and only 45 handgun. There are a couple of things I really like and want in a gun

1. Full size. I will never use this for CCW as I prefer my G19 for that. This could very easily turn into a nightstand gun though and for that, I prefer full size.

2. High capacity. I would like ideally 12+1 or better

3. Pre Milled for a MRDS. I really like red dots on pistols, especially on a fun gun/range toy

4. Factory threaded barrel. I dont currently have a suppressor but I would very much like to get one in the future for primary this 45 and a 300 Blackout I have.

Am I missing anything other than FNX45 Tactical, USP Tactical, and the new Sig P227RX? Let me know pros and cons and your experiences with anything that fits this criteria.

P.S. if anyone has a gun that mostly or fully fits my criteria and would be willing to meet at a local range to let me try it out, that would greatly be appreciated as well. I have a few toys I could bring along as well.

Thanks

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    So Ive decided to try and weed down my collection a bit and primarily focus on one caliber/platform. I currently have 2 different 1911s and while I love the look and collectability, I just personally dont enjoy shooting them very much. So I am going to sell both of my 45 1911's in favor of a single 45 to take their place, which I fully intend to be my one and only 45 handgun. There are a couple of things I really like and want in a gun

1. Full size. I will never use this for CCW as I prefer my G19 for that. This could very easily turn into a nightstand gun though and for that, I prefer full size.

2. High capacity. I would like ideally 12+1 or better

3. Pre Milled for a MRDS. I really like red dots on pistols, especially on a fun gun/range toy

4. Factory threaded barrel. I dont currently have a suppressor but I would very much like to get one in the future for primary this 45 and a 300 Blackout I have.

Am I missing anything other than FNX45 Tactical, USP Tactical, and the new Sig P227RX? Let me know pros and cons and your experiences with anything that fits this criteria.

P.S. if anyone has a gun that mostly or fully fits my criteria and would be willing to meet at a local range to let me try it out, that would greatly be appreciated as well. I have a few toys I could bring along as well.

Thanks
    You pretty much listed the spec sheet for the FN. Your requirements pretty much limit you to the 3 guns you listed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My standard full size USP is one of the best shooting guns I own

shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    I have a FNX 45 Tactical has all the above also suppressor Tritium sights, come with 3 15 round magazines in America so buy out of state get the magazines then have it transfered to your local FFL. It is my favorite shooting pistol that I have. It also comes in a great case that has the adapter plates, magazines, small and large grip pieces, and space for your suppressor.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    or even a 21MOS, commonality with the CCW, and even after the added cost of a threaded barrel it's still cheaper than the others.

This. ^ ^ ^ ^

A Lone Wolf threaded barrel is only about $100.

Add a 10mm conversion barrel and some mags and you've got 2 guns in one if you wanted to.

Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    The FNX Tactical is the one that most has my eye right now. Does anyone in the central MD area have one I could shoot? Id pay for range time and ammo for both of us.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    FNX 45 is the way to go. Way more versatile than the Glock. You can keep it in SA cocked and locked, or decock to DA. Same capacity (15+1). And it's not a boring Glock, so that's a nice bonus. I have one which I would happpily let you shoot, but I'm currently in CO, not MD. I'm moving back in October to the Silver Spring/Bowie area and you would be welcome to try it then.

Side note: IMO, the Tactical isn't really worth the cost because you can upgrade a regular FNX for far less than the cost of buying the Tactical. You can buy the FNX new for about $700, then spend $100 on milling the slide, $150 on a barrel, and $75 on the suppressor sights and you're in business... with about $400 still left in your pocket. And not to mention, then you have multiples of all your parts (2 barrels, 2 sets of sights) as an added bonus. The only thing you don't get is the cool FNX Tactical nylon case... but I don't know anyone who actually carries that case - you always wind up needing a much bigger range bag anyway.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I would go (and did) Glock 21 all day long. Nothing is more reliable (yes reliable can be boring) and better supported with accessories and versatility than a Glock. As pointed out previously caliber conversion is easy, trigger pull is consistent shot after shot, and operating system identical to all other Glocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom