• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    You mean it has problems because it's a gun range with the word "gun" in the name? No doubt. Opening an opium den ("The fast high") for the poor and unfortunate would probably have been easier.

Well, specifically "machine gun". I wonder if that's just a bit too much for some of the overly sensitive progressive types? But yeah, the PC word thingy.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think any successful marketing campaign, in this state, would be the equivalent of painting a giant kick me sign on them. they could have called themselves whatever they wanted, I think the result would have been the same.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    There is a different female other than Jan that has been causing the problems. She is either part of one of the commissions or departments but not the council/aldermen.

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    The parking lot is sealed. I will get it striped today...once step closer!

Attachments

• mgn.jpg
      mgn.jpg
      69.3 KB · Views: 255

Roger Moree

May 13, 2015
    I paid for my membership over a year ago. And i'm sick of hearing how the county has delayed this project. The truth is, there have been lying for a while. If you go to the Frederick County permit website: http://hansendp.frederickcountymd.gov/DP1/Metroplex/FrederickCounty/login/WIZ_LOGIN.asp

and enter their permit number 120379, you will find some very interesting stuff. For example, it wasn't until Oct 2014 that they had building plans approved. This was MONTHS after they said that had started construction. Framing wasn't approved until 3/3/15. Yes, 2015. They keep blaming other people, but the truth is the project was self managed and they do a poor job.

NOW they are blaming the county again, but as you can see from the permits, there are items that are still outstanding that the county just hasn't even reviewed.

I know it's been a hard road for them, but honestly, the broken promises keep coming!!! And now it's been over a week with no updates or even replies on their facebook page.

The reason they aren't posting? Because its going to be bad news. My guess, it will be several more months, AT LEAST! before they open.

Roger Moree

May 13, 2015
    I have another big worry. I'm going to be in a place that has live ammo going off all around me. Do they even know how to run a shooting range and KEEP IT SAFE?

cowboys5time25

Dec 20, 2012
    Frederick
    they did promise another video update when they last posted on the 5th.
    Potomac Edison installing the new transformer today! We're thankful for the favorable weather. New video update coming tomorrow!

This update is a week late now. They where talking about hopefully may first for a opening, this was before the concrete pad update. We're now approaching mid May. The delayed opening is disappointing, but telling us you're going to do something then don't, that's angering.

Roger Moree

May 13, 2015
    Orbital, actually it was one of the reason. Tmgnmd has taken down any Facebook post are are critical of them for their repeated delays.

I only discovered this site while looking for other local gun ranges.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I'm with Roger, and who cares where he works? These guys are obviously inexperienced, under-funded, have no plan and can't execute on whatever plans they claim to have. I hope they succeed, but I suspect the other local range is going to be vastly more successful - if for no other reason than the TMN team has clearly demonstrated that they can't run a business and chew gum at the same time.

Glad I wasn't one of the suckers that provided them with an advance receivable, as the "Lifetime" membership is likely going to be short-lived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom