• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Local24MD

Apr 1, 2015
    Perry Hall
    Finally came in the mail, I'm considering getting a Mosin, M1 Garand, or a Browning Hi Power. Any thoughts or suggestions about these picks or what another fun weapon would be?

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Totally agree with the Garand, but you can also get into semi auto battle rifles for less money with an SKS. They are definitely fun to shoot.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Finally came in the mail, I'm considering getting a Mosin, M1 Garand, or a Browning Hi Power. Any thoughts or suggestions about these picks or what another fun weapon would be?

M1 most definitely. SKS are neat. CZ52(?) and Toks are cool pistols. I have an FN49 (similar looking to a M14). There is also SVT40s, Hakims, MAS49/56, etc main battle rifles. K31s are very cool straight pull bolt rifles. 1903s. (I like the big bore stuff) Browse the C&R section of GunBroker for ideas.

If looking for a Mosin and you ever get south of Baltimore, drop me an email. I could stand to sell a few.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    The Hi-Power is a great pistol. Bit of $$$ for a nice C&R one though.
    Mags are over 10rds so you have the md moronic issue to deal with there.

There are many C&R items out there under the 50 year rule besides the surplus stuff which people usually think of first. Takes more looking to find it but it's out there.

CZ 82 is also a great option (same mag issue) but prices are going up there.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    hi-power is a great pistol. I just bought a seriously pimpin' one to keep my FEG clone company. But as stated they are pricey. A Star B is nearly as nice for a lot less coin. But that's not from the church of John Moses Browning;)

Local24MD

Apr 1, 2015
    Perry Hall
    Ok great guys, thanks for all the feedback. Suprisingly it only took about a month or less to receive approval for my license which was quick compared to what I've heard. I think my hql is gonna take longer than the C&R sadly

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    The Hi-Power is a great pistol. Bit of $$$ for a nice C&R one though.
    Mags are over 10rds so you have the md moronic issue to deal with there.

There are many C&R items out there under the 50 year rule besides the surplus stuff which people usually think of first. Takes more looking to find it but it's out there.

CZ 82 is also a great option (same mag issue) but prices are going up there.
    Cabela's in Delaware has half dozen Hi-Powers in their case for <=$499.

I just sold an MK I at the Timonium show about a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom