• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Norma makes pretty sweet brass too. I've seen once-fired Norma brass for sale in .338LM, so that might be another option to consider.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Those dies look awesome. Have you used Redding dies before and view these as better, or just these above RCBS, Lee, etc. As it is, I think I am leaning toward these versus the RCBS or Redding dies after reading what they are like. Price tag is steep, but then there is the buy once, cry once thing there. Also have a rifle coming in 6.5CM, so I am going to have to start looking for dies for that too. This precision stuff can get exxxxxxxxxxxxxxpensive.

I have some Redding dies.

These are a step (or two) up. The link I sent is to their bushing sizer (uses Redding bushings) that also full length sizes.

I originally bought just the micrometer seating die, but was so impressed, I bought the sizer also.

Considering all the hoops people jump through for precision rounds, the dies are a one time purchase.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, I have been debating whether to go with Lapua brass for precision rounds. Seems as though a lot of people swear by it. Might end up using Lapua for the .338LM and 6.5CM in the RPR.

I run Lapua brass for my .308

I saw a new company making brass up at the Great American Outdoors show.

Brass looked good, and they say it is more consistent than Lapua.

https://www.petersoncartridge.com/

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    What issues?

The first is case capacity, but that's not a manf problem, it's a reloading problem. No fault of peterson.

Heard both variance from each piece of brass was pretty large and primer pockets not uniformed.

There are plenty of people using it though, so maybe early in production there was issues as I heard about this beginbing of last year.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Funny, because talking to them and reading their site, their claim to fame is more consistant case capacity. They do say, like Lapua brass, their case capacity is a bit less than other cases.

The primer pocket thing may be, according to their site, primer pocket expansion mostly occurs on the first firing, so they make their primer pockets a bit tight. So after first firing, they are right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom