• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I finally got my camera and tripod working together for this one.

My lack of video editing abilities is evident.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Monthly USPSA match at The Machine Gun Nest in Frederick MD.
    1st place in Production and 2nd Overall.
    %89 on the 2nd classifier even with the trigger freeze.
    CZ Shadow 2

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Here's my match video from yesterday's 2017 Carolina Classic USPSA Section match.
    Had a couple dumb mistakes and a malfunction (dusty mags. need to clean mags between each stage if they hit the ground. lesson learned) but managed a top 16 overall placement in the production division. The match is run with great efficiency and we were not required to paste or reset steel!
    Will definitely go back next year!

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Oh crap! Had no idea. Everyone on our squad ran it that way.

I just do what I'm told.

Should I report it to USPSA??

I hear ya. Since you have video, I would. You were just running as the RO/MD read it to you. However, it shouldn't count as it wasn't run per the WSB.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Day 1 of the CZ USPSA Iron Sights National Championship in St. George Utah!
    I somehow got lucky enough to be squaded with Rob Leatham and Mike Seeklander. So cool.
    Felt good about my first day and I'm looking forward to the next 2!

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Here's the footage for Day 2 at the 2017 USPSA Nationals! Tough day for me. Was pretty tired and didn't feel in the zone really until the last couple stages. Shot horribly on steel all day. However I am managing to stay competitive. Lots of ground to make up tomorrow!!

Oh, AAAAND the Great One himself Rob Leatham is on my squad!!!
    22008463_2014924312070627_4991389906265320781_n.jpg

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    And now the final day. It had an unfortunate ending. On my last magazine in my last position I had a double feed. The only malfunction of the match. Cost me several positions in the match standings. Very frustrating way to end my first nationals, but over all it was an amazing experience. I have a list of stuff to work on when it comes to major matches and improving my performance.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    And here's the highlights reel of my favorite/best stages from all 3 days of USPSA Nationals competition!
    Going to take a bit of an off season from USPSA (at least in Prod. Might screw around with PCC for sh'ts and giggles).

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    IMO taking breaks is a good thing, I always do that over the winter. I at least stop practicing, but may still hit up some local matches for fun. Or I may work on gear or get some reloading done but nothing crazy.

I'm currently 3 weeks into a 6 week break to recover from surgery. Then I'll have a couple weeks to prepare for the Delmarva Sectional. Since I wont really be prepared, I'm going to shoot a new division with a new gun and really shake things up. Then I wont really start working again until after the holidays.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Me in salisbury shirt, alucard on the left.

With the kids, I haven't really had a chance to shoot much recently. I had one trip to on-target back on the 24th, but otherwise haven't shot in about a year. It was fun knocking off the dust a bit with alucard yesterday. It was also my first steel match. I've done idpa and 3gun, but never got around to steel. The first couple stages went slow, but I started remembering how to shoot again by the 5th and 6th stages. The 3rd gave me I think my only ever malfunction out of my m&p45 with a light strike. I was using a brand new mag so I opted to swap mags rather than just rack and get back to work, just in case. Fun times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom