BREAKING: Federal Lawsuit Filed Challenging Trump Bump-Stock Ban; Injunction Sought

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I just cannot get over the irony that there may be members of the Obama Administration called to testify in defense of gun rights that an otherwise conservative Republican has decided to take away by fiat. That's not an attempt to start a Trump good/bad argument (plenty of other threads for that), just a comment on how screwed up the world is anymore.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    My recommendation would be to not answer your door after midnight tonight. ;)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    From the VCDL:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not yet a Virginia Citizens Defense League member? Join VCDL at: https://vcdl.org/join
    VCDL's calendar: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings
    Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html
    VA-ALERT archives: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/727/=now

As we wait to see if there is a last-minute general stay on the bump-stock ban, I want to give you your options in case the stay doesn't arrive in time.

Here are your options - 1 and 2 are the safest, since the bump stocks would become contraband at midnight:

1. One of the other groups fighting the ban, the Firearms Policy Foundation, got the DC Circuit Court to apply a stay to their members only. The good news is that you can join the Firearms Policy Foundation for as little as $1 and be covered by their blanket stay. Click here for more information (many thanks to member Grover Stell for this information):

https://secure.anedot.com/firearms-..._stock_ban_win_a_custom_fpc_m4_76?sc=sol_2019

or

http://tinyurl.com/yy5j7w98

2. Destroy the bump stock per BATFE instructions, below, and throw the remains away.

3. Turn in your bump stock to the local police for destruction. The trouble with this is that once the ban is in place, your bump stock is contraband and you could be arrested and charged, even though you are turning it in. That's probably NOT likely, but it is entirely possible. Also, the police could simply refuse to accept the bump stock.

4. Turn in your bump stock at the local BATFE office. The trouble with this is that once the ban is in place, your bump stock is contraband and you could be arrested and charged.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wondering what proportion of bump stock owners don't know about tonight's deadline or change in legality (as determined by the BATFE by a rules change vs actual legislation), and if they're vaguely aware that they might soon be contraband, have no idea of how to properly destroy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I heard a chick for Fox News Raid (on WCBM) say something like "bump stocks allows guns to fire more than once with 1 trigger pull"

I don't have the exact quote, but the bolded part is part of the direct quote. My lord does anyone who reports on firearms know anything about them? Anyone??

maddogthegreatest

Nov 19, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Wondering what proportion of bump stock owners don't know about tonight's deadline or change in legality (as determined by the BATFE by a rules change vs actual legislation), and if they're vaguely aware that they might soon be contraband, have no idea of how to properly destroy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have been following any news about this ban for past few months.
    During that time I was thinking about many things..
    an unfortunate boating accident, digging backyard, ....

But, this is what I did last Sunday after coming back from church.
    I just wanted to keep mine, but I have to keep my job to support my family. :sad20::banghead:
    It sucks but I will save money to buy REAL full auto M16...

Attachments

• Final (2).jpg
      Final (2).jpg
      97.2 KB · Views: 452

ReviledExpat

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 26, 2019
    No surprise. Roberts is not a defender of the Constitution. He cares more about making people at his Georgetown cocktail parties happy.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Several hundred thousand new felons today! Hello my felons! Give me your bump stocks and I will dispose of them free of charge and you no longer have to be a dangerous terrorist felon with an assault stock. :D

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Application (18A964) denied by The Chief Justice. In light of the orders issued by the Court of Appeals on March 23, 2019, and March 25, 2019, no further action is needed in response to the application.

See above post #106. You can avoid being a felon by joining FPC. The stay applies to their members. This is not legal advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom