• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Funny how a state in near bankruptcy can find $24 million for this. It seems very plausible for Maryland to try this too if they aren't already on a smaller level.. I think it was in my recommended Youtube viewing that has Obama praising Australia's "sensible" gun bans as a model for America to follow. He will likely make another run at a federal ban. maybe before he passes an executive order so he can stay in office indefinitely.

CPT_Ethanolic

Sep 18, 2013
    Ok, I'm starting to smell BS with these confiscation stories. I've seen this same story now written as having occured in multiple states - within the last few days. This is starting to seem like an internet rumor that is being passed along as news. If true, there's reason to worry. But I'm wanting to see some follow up data on this at this point because the BS radar is definitely pinging.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I don't know about multiple states but I first heard about it last spring

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...s-guns-as-owners-lose-right-to-bear-arms.html

The first phrase in this article is "Wearing bulletproof vests and carrying 40-caliber Glock pistols." Don't most if not all police wear bullet proof vests and carry a pistol. Stating this first in the article makes it sound like wearing bullet proof vests and carrying a 40 caliber pistol is an exceptional situation with the police.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I call BS on the unpaid toll deal.

Maybe. But anytime you are "granted" a license, it can be taken away. The state can easily change the rules. It's a fluid situation. There was a time that child support arrears would not cause one to get their drivers license suspended.

In the State's mind, the HQL is attached to your b@lls. They will squeeze as they wish.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Ok, I'm starting to smell BS with these confiscation stories. I've seen this same story now written as having occured in multiple states - within the last few days. This is starting to seem like an internet rumor that is being passed along as news. If true, there's reason to worry. But I'm wanting to see some follow up data on this at this point because the BS radar is definitely pinging.

They are trying to spook us. Hoping some fool will get violent.

Stay calm...

bpSchoch

Jan 16, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    This isn't just limited to 2a issues. I fighting with a friend who can't get his drivers license renewed in Maryland because the state treasury has declared because the IRS has made a claim (unsubstantiated) that he owes back taxes, that there fore he must also therefore owe state taxes. This friend has a common last name and it seems they have him confused with someone else. Of course their action (denial of license renewal) is unlawful because it has been denied without due process of law (no meaningful hearing etc).

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This isn't just limited to 2a issues. I fighting with a friend who can't get his drivers license renewed in Maryland because the state treasury has declared because the IRS has made a claim (unsubstantiated) that he owes back taxes, that there fore he must also therefore owe state taxes. This friend has a common last name and it seems they have him confused with someone else. Of course their action (denial of license renewal) is unlawful because it has been denied without due process of law (no meaningful hearing etc).

And yet if he was an illegal immigrant...oh never mind...

The end ids near anyway...:)

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Funny how a state in near bankruptcy can find $24 million for this. It seems very plausible for Maryland to try this too if they aren't already on a smaller level.. I think it was in my recommended Youtube viewing that has Obama praising Australia's "sensible" gun bans as a model for America to follow. He will likely make another run at a federal ban. maybe before he passes an executive order so he can stay in office indefinitely.

This idea is not even funny.

I keep wondering if the senate's nuclear option can find a way/work around to keep him in office after 8 years.

If the Libz win back the house and keep the senate in 2014, what then??? It won't even be about Obama. They will just pass a law that says a president can run for as many terms as they want to.

The Libz know that Whites will still vote 50/50, the Hispanics and Illegals will vote 75/25, and the Blacks will vote 95/5. They know he would be a shoe-in for a third term. Think about all the public school indoctrinated 16 year olds that will be 18-19 in 2016 that would vote for his third term.

The nuclear option will allow him to stack the courts with federal judges who will rule on what the congress has passed. Think about him putting more judges in SCOTUS.

Scarey times, but what scares me more is that no congressman/women or radio or tv hosts are talking about it.

Sorry for the minor thread jack.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Since when do MDS posts have to be fact based? :D

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland

My brother lives in LA & told me about the confiscations discussed in local papers. Grandpa G's link is an accurate article.

Notice the police have to lure the citizens outside or talk their way inside since they don't have a warrant or probable cause. So far there hasn't been any trouble with most citizens complying peacefully. However, I don't think the same would be true in MD since we are a more rebellious "lot".

The anti 2-A stuff going on in Cal should place the rest of the nation's gun owners on notice.

"How do you know politicians are lying? Their lips are moving."

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    So...where are all of these blowhards who were shouting "MOLON LABE" over the Internet?

They're doing it there...and no one cares.

Personally, I'm with CPT. The Bloomberg article that Grampa G talks about has to do with DV cases and being confined to mental institutions, and MD will come jack-booting to your door in those cases as well. I call BS on the unpaid toll deal.

This, you see this crap plastered all over the place. Chest puffing. It's fine to feel that way, but why advertise it and why make your intentions known.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Doesn't matter...there have been enough one-off confiscations in this country now (such as this in CA) that SOMEONE shoudl have stood and fought by now.

Either there are regular shootouts and they just aren't televising it, or (more likely) these people who talk a big game, once they get isolated and are forced to stand by their ideals in the face of overwhelming opposition, just lay down and go quietly like everyone else.

Even on this forum, it's 1/1000 or 1/10000 that actually has the balls to back up their talk.

I think you need to add a few more zeros.

You also need to factor in that 1/2 or more of the people on here voted for the people that are taking our rights away.

BATFE: Bitching After The Fact Editorializing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sstrum

Latest threads

Top Bottom