For anyone that was wondering about my situation..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Some of you may have seen my post this past weekend regarding my ex girlfriend and a ******** temporary protective order. Just wanted to provide an update in case anyone was wondering..

The judge basically said she was being ridiculous and was wasting the court's time which could have been spent protecting people who actually need to be protected.

Needless to say I'll be up at Cresap on Sunday enjoying my recently completed AR.

Have a good weekend my friends.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    So I'm guessing I'll have to check yes to the protective order question on regulated firearm paperwork and provide an explanation for any future purchases, correct?

It's amazing that these nonsense cases cannot be expunged in Maryland, even with no evidence whatsoever. Thanks Owe'Malley.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    So I'm guessing I'll have to check yes to the protective order question on regulated firearm paperwork and provide an explanation for any future purchases, correct?

It's amazing that these nonsense cases cannot be expunged in Maryland, even with no evidence whatsoever. Thanks Owe'Malley.

I don't believe you will have to since you don't currently have one out on you.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    I don't believe you will have to since you don't currently have one out on you.

That's what I'm hoping. Would really be a pain to have to explain this for every regulated purchase. I wonder if "crazy spiteful ex" would be sufficient? :D

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Form 4473, Question 11h. Are you subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child or an intimate partner or child of such partner?

IANAL, but if the judge laughed her out of court and the order was NOT granted, then you are not subject to a (nonexistant) order, right? There's no such order to be subject to... right?

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Yup, sounds like you guys are correct. I needed to read the actual language of the question.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Glad it worked out for you. Did you end up getting a lawyer?

I spoke to a friend of my brother who is an attorney and she suggested not even wasting my money after she heard the facts. Glad I took her advice. The hearing took less than 5 minutes.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    I remember something about "have you ever been subject to an ex parte order..." etc, etc, which if I'm not mistaken is exactly what the temporary protective order is. I'm not sure but I'm not too concerned about it considering the outcome. I just wish Maryland Judiciary Case Search had a disposition category of "Petitioner was laughed out of court by Judge" :D

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    I have a lower that will be ready for pickup soon so I'll definitely do that. After some googling I believe the wording is "are you subject to a NON ex parte civil order..." so I should be good, but will absolutely double check.

If any Industry Partners see this thread, maybe you could do me a favor and relay that exact question? :)

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I remember something about "have you ever been subject to an ex parte order..." etc, etc, which if I'm not mistaken is exactly what the temporary protective order is. I'm not sure but I'm not too concerned about it considering the outcome. I just wish Maryland Judiciary Case Search had a disposition category of "Petitioner was laughed out of court by Judge" :D

It definitely does not say "Have you ever".

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    I dunno about the old 77Rs, but the language on the new ones (as proposed) is "Are you the respondent against whom a current non ex parte civil protective order has been entered under §4-506 of the Family Law Article, or against whom an order for protection as defined in 4-508.1 of the Family Law Article has been issued by a court of another state of Native American tribe and is in effect?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom