TacCon 3MR Trigger? Cooler than a bumpstock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C210INF

May 25, 2013
    Maryland
    It did not come with instructions for installation or use. WTF?

The selector goes in first, then slide the trigger assembly in. Secure with pins.

It is a single stage trigger , no slack, breaks like any quality aftermarket upgraded trigger. About 4 lbs.

On the AUTO or 3rd position, the bolt retracts and and the small lever located in the rearmost position cams and resets the trigger. this cuts reset time substantially. I think this is what tac con calls trigger reset assist.

A higher rate of fire is attained by decreasing reset time, traditional bump fire technique is still required to get this thing to run. It is just the better trigger pull, shorter reset makes bump foring from the shoulder easier.

We are going to test ire it at MSAR tomorrow. See if it actually works. Itf it lives up o the hype. An ARES defense beltfed AR gets the upgrade.

Thanks for the write up. I did the purchase backwards, bought the Ares MCR035 upper (few months ago), then the trigger (yesterday). How long did it take for your 3MR to ship?

I have about 1200 rounds linked...can't wait till range day. Hope rounds don't get caught like last time at every 6th or 7th shot.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    i bought the MCR last years as well as a token to the FU MOM campaign. I have not tried the Tac con on it yet.

The trigger took about three months to ship.( as it was part of the initial pre order batch)

Im also waiting on a full auto bolt for the MCR. this is why I still cant use it with a registered m16 lower. For now, I may try it out with a Defend-AR stock ( borrowed from my brother) and compare that to a tac con upgraded lower.

I have a RLL inbound.. that should work with a semi auto bolt but it is stuck in BATFE purgatory. ( last transfer took almost 18 months)

trying out the tac con and the bump stocks...im partial to the bumpstocks in terms of ease of use. at the expense of uglyfying the gun. last weekend, i tried out the tac con, I can do some burst... but was unable to do complete mag dumps. still inconsistent at this point. There is potential there...

thinking out loud.... not sure how the tac con will work with a heavier gun like a fully loaded ARES MCR beltfed with a 200 round mag and mall ninja accessories. 16-15 lb weapon. if the mass soaks up the recoil, the bump fire method may not work too well. i guess... less is more applies here.

a friend was able to employ the trigger more consistently. he was almost able to do a complete mag dump.

C210INF

May 25, 2013
    Maryland
    Awesome! I sorta did the same thing. My thought was, with a belt fed, the only limit is the barrel and money. I tried to purchase a FA bolt from Ares but the rep on the phone told me they don't/won't sell any rifle parts to MD residents. I ended up getting my magazine adapter for the saw box/nutsac from Ruben.

My friends and I took the belt-fed out to AGC to break it in. No problem with the magazine feed, but links/off the belt performance has been inconsistent. I saw couple of posts from users on ar15 and snipershide forums who had the same problem. I ended up getting some nickle links, going to test those out soon to see if it is an improvement over steel links.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Wheres my 22lr conversion testing SCAR!? hahaha let me know if you were able to test it out last weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    :lol2:
    Wheres my 22lr conversion testing SCAR!? hahaha let me know if you were able to test it out last weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I couldnt even get the standard 5.56 running.

Maybe this weekend.. But i think I may have caught a stomach bug. If im not sick as a dog by Sunday. Ill try out the cmmg kit.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Bill Geissele has confirmed on AR15.com that he is working on a "third mode" trigger that offers a 2 stage trigger in "semi" mode, and a light single stage trigger in "full" mode. Think of a SSA in semi and a S3G in full. He says the price will be around $325.00. No one will buy a Taccon trigger (at any price) when Geissele unleashes that trigger.

-Jim

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Bill Geissele has confirmed on AR15.com that he is working on a "third mode" trigger that offers a 2 stage trigger in "semi" mode, and a light single stage trigger in "full" mode. Think of a SSA in semi and a S3G in full. He says the price will be around $325.00. No one will buy a Taccon trigger (at any price) when Geissele unleashes that trigger.

-Jim

:party29:

If they make it even lighter than a SD3G in the 3rd position, that would be exceedingly fun.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ha!

I'm sure it definitely hasn't hurt them, disappointed buyers going after a known performer after being let down by the 3mr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom