ETS magazines...has anyone ever used them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Still not many replies as to reliability of the ETS 18 magazine. Can anybody that has used these chime in with their comments? Also, do you think the Magpul brand for the G19 /19/ 26 are better? Why?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I have 5 of the ETS 30 round giggle sticks that I got last Black Friday for about $12 each shipped . Compared to Glock and Magpul mags, they seem kind of flimsy, but they've never given me trouble. The magazine spring seems to compress unevenly. Given the relative annoyance of buying magazines higher than 10 rounds, I would probably pass on any future ETS mag sales. But again, they haven't actually ever given me trouble. My problem with them is that I find myself silently adding ". . . yet" to that sentiment.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Wondering if anyone has ever used, or even heard of, these see thru mags?

For the cost, I may be the guinea pig...solely for use in a Sub2000 9mm rifle.

https://www.freedommunitions.com/31-Rnd-ETS-Glock-18-Mag-9mm-p/ac9mmglk1m31.htm#

Personally, if I wanted to be a guinea pig I'd go for something like this package deal. I love the 50rd drum mag (easy to load and have never had a feeding issue) which they sell separately for $60 dlvd which is pretty typical and you'd get 5 more mags for $30

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p...-1-50rd-drum-2-33rd-mags-and-3-15rd-mags.aspx

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I realize this is an old thread, but rather than start a new one I thought I'd answer the OP's question.

I just ran 100 rounds through a P80 G19 and a G26, both of which came with ETS mags. Since I'm in MD, P80 would only ship with 10rd mags. I thought I got a bad G19 mag because it was really hard to load. After about the 5th round, it gets exponentially more difficult to add in each subsequent round. In fact, I'm unable to put more than 9 rounds into the ETS MD-compliant 10rd mag. I expected trouble with the G26 version, but it was butter-smooth. And THAT's when I realized that the G19 mag designed to comply with nannystate buffoon requirements isn't a true double stack mag. It's more like a 1-1/2 stack.

They put two 1/8" x 1/8" thick strips of plastic running longitudinally up both sides of the inside of the mag to make them narrower, which reduces the distance between the two sides and, therefore, capacity. I'm guessing they're hard to load because the friction that would be spread over a much larger surface area without those strips instead gets concentrated on them. Plus, the rounds don't stay square in the mag.

The mag on the right has more capacity (10) than the one on the left (9).
    dsc00048.jpg

That said, both guns ran great with 115gr FMJ lacquered steel cased 9mm Luger from Barnaul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom