• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    What muzzle flip? There is basically no muzzle flip. Those were shot at 15 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    While the .357 Magnum is an effective round...I would argue that two fast shots on target with an effective .38 Special is better than one loud blast with a .357 that you either have to take time to pull out of recoil for a follow-up or have to pick up after you drop it and grab your ears in pain. Of course that can change depending of you're indoors or out. Indoors even a .22 can be ear shattering if you're not prepared.

It's kinda like the difference between a 9mm and a 10mm pistol. Both can be highly effective but depending on training and environment one might be harder to deal with.

Well, except that with 10mm or the right 357 load if you miss the first shot the muzzle blast will likely incinerate them. So there is that.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The weight above the bore centerlne actually reduces muzzle flip. It is like torque turning a wheel. The greater the distance from center, the more the torque is reduced. Put another way, the leverage bar is shorter.

So this handgun’s shooting demeanor is effected not only by the lowered bore centerline but also by the weight and distance above bore centerline

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    The weight above the bore centerlne actually reduces muzzle flip. It is like torque turning a wheel. The greater the distance from center, the more the torque is reduced. Put another way, the leverage bar is shorter.

So this handgun’s shooting demeanor is effected not only by the lowered bore centerline but also by the weight and distance above bore centerline

Thanks for the info. To be honest, I don't care about the physics as long as it works, and it works really well.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Don't care about the Physics ? The Physics of the low mounted bbl are the reason for the existence of the Rhino, and its primary selling point .

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I dedided on
    037311eae6735943734b46c01cfb8db5.jpg
    01e34b90adccce1bf192a6739a30e2d5.jpg

Those ballastics may be for lever guns. That is what lever evolution is designed for.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Those ballastics may be for lever guns. That is what lever evolution is designed for.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Surprising perhaps, but 357 is one cartridge that definitely gets a real boost when fired in a rifle.

I am very confident in saying that this 140 grain LeverEvolution ammo will chronograph at north of 1800 FPS out of a lever action.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Don't care about the Physics ? The Physics of the low mounted bbl are the reason for the existence of the Rhino, and its primary selling point .

What I mean is I doubt care it if is the low barrel axis, the counterweight above the barrel, or pixie dust coating. It works well and that's all I care about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom