ETS magazines...has anyone ever used them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That’s one way to limit capacity.
    These mags are much better than the KCI crap.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm about to finish up a PF940SC build, too. Got the sights and the slide parts coming in this week. It's a little bit more, uh, "tactical" than this one, threaded barrel and

I had been considering the ETS mags, but it sounds like maybe I should keep away. I don't know if you've tried the Magpul 12rd mags in the PF940SC, but they're just awesome. Just enough extra grip to make it comfortable.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    As butter-smooth as the proper double stack ETS mag is that came with the G26, I'm guessing the only problem with the G19 mag is the hack for getting it to comply with MD's 10rd limit. I plan to buy proper mags out of state and won't have any qualms about buying ETS. Clear's kinda cool.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I have a couple buddies who use ETS magazines in their Glock 17 and 19s as well as AR9 rifles in local combat pistol/rifle matches as well as a 3gun match...haven't seen any issues yet. And the mags have hit the ground many times during reloads and stepped on with no damage. I don't own any but have tried there's a few times. I prefer factory Glock mags, although its nice to be able to see at a quick glance how many rounds are in them as opposed to looking at the witness holes(or none at all in PMags). I do use PMags for range and matches, but factory Glock mags is what is used for home protection and business.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    That’s one way to limit capacity.
    These mags are much better than the KCI crap.

I have a couple buddies who use ETS magazines in their Glock 17 and 19s as well as AR9 rifles in local combat pistol/rifle matches as well as a 3gun match...haven't seen any issues yet. And the mags have hit the ground many times during reloads and stepped on with no damage. I don't own any but have tried there's a few times. I prefer factory Glock mags, although its nice to be able to see at a quick glance how many rounds are in them as opposed to looking at the witness holes(or none at all in PMags). I do use PMags for range and matches, but factory Glock mags is what is used for home protection and business.

Just to update, since I was the OP...

I never did buy/try these particular mags.
    Presently, as far as "Glock style" magazine using tools, I have only the Sub2000 and my P80, and both (using G-17 mags) work flawlessly with the Magpul or factory Glock mags. I also have one KCI 31 rounder that I have used multiple times in the Sub2K, with never an issue. Likewise with the Glock 32 rounder, or thereabouts.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I had a KCI literally explode during a steel challenge match and some of mine won’t lock the slide back anymore.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    So, I went and picked up a couple of standard 15 round ETS mags and a 31er, too. At $14 a pop regardless of size, I figure I couldn't lose. Got 'em home and loaded 'em up, and I have to say they load much easier than the MD compliant 10rd unit with the restricted interior width. BUT, I don't have the thumb strength to load the 31st round. I don't think I have weak thumbs. That spring plus the friction from all those rounds is a real humdinger.

The stranger thing was that with the 15 round mags fully loaded, they don't drop out when I hit the mag release. Empty, they drop right out. Remove one round from the fully loaded mag, and it drops right out when I hit the release. So I put a dial indicator on it to see what's going on.

Guess which one doesn't drop?
    dsc02829.jpg

dsc02828.jpg

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I just noticed this too. The mag just pops out about 1/2". Really not a big deal. You're usually dropping an empty mag, not a full one.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Has anybody used/bought the ETS ammo loaders? Do they work well? Worth buying? Or do you like something better?
    Thanks in advance for an answer to my question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom