• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I have a couple of the knives described in the title. One has a bunch of sticky crap on it and it feels like there is sand somewhere inside when I fold the knife out and back. So, I already have the belt clip of the handle off, but after taking off that little screw with a socket, I have no idea how to get the blade off.

Anybody have an idea?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flush it with some kind of solvent.

Worst case is it'll ruin the plastic bits. Then you can go get a nice Benchmade.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Flush it with some kind of solvent.

Worst case is it'll ruin the plastic bits. Then you can go get a nice Benchmade.

I wiped down the outside with acetone and then ran a straw cleaning brush through the interior after removing the "lock" portion of the knife with a punch. All the stick crap on the handle is gone and the blade folds and unfolds smoothly now.

I have had a couple of Gerber EZ-Out knives now for over 20 years. This particular one, I got on my last trip to Long Island. My wife's uncle had picked it up somewhere. He was showing me it, and then he asked me if I wanted it. My father in-law chimed in and said "I'll take it" and my wife's uncle said "What are you going to do with it. He can actually put it to use." lol

Anyway, I put it in one of the door compartments and never thought about it again until this trip to the OBX. Put a little TLC into it and now it sits on the EDC shelf. lol

Don't think I own a single Benchmade knife, but I have contemplated buying the company's pens.

My dad's reaction to any new knife I show him, is about the same as any new gun I show him. "What the heck do you need another one for."

Just bought a Havilon knife for the hunting pack and a Vermont for the EDC shelf. Going to buy another Havilon for the tackle box and then I think I am all set on knives for a couple lifetimes.

The two I just bought:

https://www.havalon.com/bone-collector-rebel-black

https://www.vermontprotools.com/products

And I think this will be the next knife purchase and the last knife purchase for a while, other than the replacement blades for fishing:

https://www.havalon.com/talon-hunt-box

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Pocket knives like that, I put them in the dish washer. Oil them when they come out and they work great

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I recently bought a small 40 watt ultra sound cleaner. I thought it would be just for carburetors from the lawn equipment. It is amazing what I find myself using it for. Makes short work of things like roofing cement on a Leatherman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom